Chrysler 200 Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Mine has not made a peep since the warmer weather. Several trip on the Cross Bronx Expressway with 4 people and truck full of crap and nothing.
That's good. Hope the cold weather noise isn't an issue for you again.

·
Registered
872 Posts
That's good. Hope the cold weather noise isn't an issue for you again.
I still have not brought it in for the trans recall so I might just wait until it gets cold before I do. With 18.4K miles trans is still shifting fine and park works :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
I still have not brought it in for the trans recall so I might just wait until it gets cold before I do. With 18.4K miles trans is still shifting fine and park works :)
Hey, the longer you wait the better the odds are that any issues with the parts will be completely worked out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well....I started hearing/feeling a thumping type sound on my car as well. It sounds/feels like a 15 yr old car ! Nothing in the trunk, tire inflation correct,etc. I see people talking about ambient temp making it worse, but mine seems to get worse the more I drive. Early in the morning, I dont seem to have the problem, but after the casr has been driven some, its terrible. Now, that being said....it doesnt seem to do it on EVERY bump, so I hope that the dealer can duplicate the condition. It seems more apparent when you ride over a sewer cap or a slight pot hole at just the right angle. Keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Well....I started hearing/feeling a thumping type sound on my car as well. It sounds/feels like a 15 yr old car ! Nothing in the trunk, tire inflation correct,etc. I see people talking about ambient temp making it worse, but mine seems to get worse the more I drive. Early in the morning, I dont seem to have the problem, but after the casr has been driven some, its terrible. Now, that being said....it doesnt seem to do it on EVERY bump, so I hope that the dealer can duplicate the condition. It seems more apparent when you ride over a sewer cap or a slight pot hole at just the right angle. Keeping fingers crossed.
Even in the winter mine didn't do it on every bump. Once I got into the city it was quite frequent. Any size pot hole would do it. normal bumps in the road would not. It needed the jarring of a pot hole to make it sound like a 79 Cordoba..

·
Registered
844 Posts
I suggest you drive around the roads near the dealership and find a spot where you can consistently duplicate the problem, then offer to ride with the service writer or tech and demonstrate the issue. Or write down a clear description of where and how they can duplicate it without you. I've found this is much more effective with suspension noise than just leaving it up to the tech to try and find it on their own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay so Wednesday they were able to discover the problem. I have a Loose Shock Shield. They were not able to get it fixed in time because I needed the car the next day, but I go in on the 28th to have it repaired. I imagine what is happening is when the spring is fully compressed and released it causes the shield to kick back and make a noise.

I will post again when the repair is done and I have hit a few of Michigan's lovely pot holes.
it seems I have the same problem

81 - 87 of 87 Posts