Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my younger brother needed new mounts so in swapping them out, the battery was removed from the vehicle for a few hours, once it was reconnected, the car wouldnt start at all. Eventually once it did there was a slew of problems.Door locks would not work, left blinker would not work, rear right blinker would not work, left headlight would not work, high beams would not work, there was no power steering, radiator fan did not work and the car overheated in minutes. Now a day later seems like all the lighting issues resolved themselves, along with the power steering, and door locks, however the radiator fan is still not working, and now the fans for the ac do not work, and I still have codes asking for the abs, parking brake and other things to be serviced when they're working just fine and don't actually have any codes on the computer.

Wondering if this is typical when disconnecting the battery as it is with the Giulia I have and if there is alsoa procedure to reset and get rid of all the false codes. clearing faults after disconnecting alfa romeo giulia or stelvio battery - YouTube

What I will say though while on the giulia it does throw codes, it does not come with any actual problems unlike with the 200.

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,087 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Fiat-based vehicles have similar electrical systems & there is plenty of Google hits about this, I see different suggestions for getting things back to operation. Try disconnecting, pause & reconnect the battery again?
Sometimes things come back on their own after awhile, sometimes it doesn't lose anything at all. The BCM is the boss module, maybe it takes awhile to get the PROXI back?
As long as the car is in motion, the engine shouldn't overheat.
See link:
m4oauyn8nfysjhbmb8rpygoywe

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. The Fiat-based vehicles have similar electrical systems & there is plenty of Google hits about this, I see different suggestions for getting things back to operation. Try disconnecting, pause & reconnect the battery again?
Sometimes things come back on their own after awhile, sometimes it doesn't lose anything at all. The BCM is the boss module, maybe it takes awhile to get the PROXI back?
As long as the car is in motion, the engine shouldn't overheat.
See link:
m4oauyn8nfysjhbmb8rpygoywe
Tried this and had issues with the turn signals again along with all the remaining issues

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,087 Posts
Have you tried the YouTube procedure?
I see no other way out of this except resetting the BCM with a scan tool, Alfa-OBD or an AppCar-DiagFCA.
Something sounds like it got corrupted. I see no home-remedy fix for this if it has stayed this way for more than a day.

Reactions: ggoose
1 - 5 of 5 Posts