Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it all happed a year ago I ordered the Universal Air aero sport bags for the front struts, i put it all on the shelf in the garage and everything sat. Well in January a guy backed out in the highway and I hit him, Well the car is repaired minus a part "Radiator support bracket" which is/has been on backorder since well beyond December. Still no timeline on that part as far as i know so i brought the car home and deciding to get this done. Almost like in 04 when i had my QC Ram which there was a few bagged at the time so i had to fab it all up. So here is my 15 200S the front struts will be installed tomorrow. Paired with an Air Zenith OB2 , a 5 Gallon tank, SMC Valves, and a SLam Credit Card size controller. Ill have the whole car laid out pics wednesday or Thursday .

The Rear cups are 1-1/4" tall 4" tubing welded to bag plates and the top is 1-3/8" tall by 4" Tubing , only real modification here is the LCA you just press out the stock spring mount. Puts the Back as far as you can go no rubbing with some camber which I will have aligned next week.

instagram.com/Bounce2.0 if you wanna see some updates

rear.jpg rearbag1.jpg frontbag.jpg rearbag.jpg rear1.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't figure out how to edit the original post, I looked all over the page. :(
Update:
I did get the front installed today! Next is finish putting the Air Zenith OB2 i had to rebuild back in, Run the gauge lines. I will be running 3 gauges where the glasses go for now until I can get the The Digigauge 2 from Bagged riders

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything is made from scratch:

For the front struts I ground off the front spring perch and installed brackets for the Universal Air Aero Sport bags, they come with everything you need. Plates, tubing, and bearing . I removed the bearing plate from the upper strut mount, then I had to cut it down so the bearing would roll correctly on top of the bagplate.

For the Rear, i just built cups like what you make for S10's with 4" 1/4" wall tubing, lenghts listed above.

As everyone knows no one makes a kit, Airlift performance DIY kits wont work as our strut/spindles are 2" and their DIY struts are 2 1/2". BUt using the stock strut was no big deal. This winter I'll Replace the cylinder with a better more controllable one as well as rear damping adjusting shocks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Seen this a WHILE ago when it originated, i an now contimplating getting my 200 bagged.
Several questions about your set up.
1st hows the ride? Better or worse with road noise?
2nd was this an entire custom build or is there an specialty shop you brought this to?
3rd have had any problems with the system since original post?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts