Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I went through an automatic car wash a few months ago and I had my ac on max and my thermostat stuck open. So I replaced the thermostat/housing/sensor. And my radiator fan stopped turning on at the same time. Ive checked both radiator fan fuses and internal relay does click on when tested. But the radiator fan will come on when i turn max ac on but won't come on when engine gets hot. Please help me!!! I've checked every forum and video that Google has to offer and I still cannot figure this out!! And there is no way in **** im going to a mechanic. I can't afford a mechanic.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
500 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Any stored fault codes?
Does it also come on with normal A/C (not max A/C) on?
Is the replacement coolant temp sensor an OEM part?

·
500 Posts
Has it ever overheated? I don't see where a car wash would cause a 12 volt electrical or thermostat issue . Maybe a CAN communications bus issue if there was corrosion and exposed terminals. This may also just have been a coincidence.
There is nothing special about Max A/C stated in the service information that would affect the cooling fans. Perhaps the A/C refrigerant charge is low? Always diagnose first.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My AC charge is good, my ac blows cold and works amazing, it is literally just the radiator fan. It just will not turn on unless I go wiggle the plug wires around. So I checked the connections and they are all connected.

·
500 Posts
A connector can look connected, but if wiggling brings the fan back, then you likely have a poor contact like loose, corroded or broken terminals/wires.
Try to zero in on the "sweet spot" when you get a chance. Good diagnostics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts