Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am the original owner of my 2015 3.6. Got it at the end of 2014. Right now it only has about 40k miles on it. During the first year of ownership, I experienced the common stalling issue while driving at speed. It was a simple programming fix at the dealership, and it never happened again after that. The only other issue I had was the oil cooler failed twice. I think it might have been my fault...I may have over-torqued the bolts when I changed it the first time, causing the gaskets to leak again less than a year later. Luckily it was only about a hundred dollar part and was pretty simple to change.

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
24 Posts
I worked at the dealership when these cars came out. They were plagued with problems as most first few models years of a new model had. The biggest being the trans. I replaced many under warranty with under 20k miles. The 9 speed has since become one of the most reliable transmissions out there. The Cherokee and 200 were the guinea pig cars for that trans, as they were the first vehicles to ever use it. Unfortunately the 15 and up 200 never saw more than the first few model years when FCA made the terrible decision to get rid of all cars. I would much rather have an 11-14 200. As for the 3.6 it’s one the most reliable engines on the market, perhaps the only good thing about the last 200

21 - 22 of 22 Posts