Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2015 200C with the premium sound package, including the alpine sound system. I was driving around the other day listening to music as normal, and when my phone switched to the next song, I could no longer hear any sound. I tried reconnecting my bluetooth and resetting it to no avail. I then tried just using regular radio, which did nothing as well, just to confirm it wasn’t a phone or bluetooth issue. The speakers are also no longer outputting the sensor detection chime for parking, lane assist, etc. The center display for the sound system is working perfectly fine as well. When i play music, it detects that it’s playing and the bar shows that the song is still playing, but I have no sound at all. Anyone have any ideas on what I could possibly do to fix this? I’ve had no luck at all. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,077 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There was a major RA3/RA4 software update in 2018 for 2015's. I don't know if it addresses your particular symptom. See Symptom/Condition list:

Also enter your VIN to check the driveuconnect website for any updates:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my car as well the radio sometimes come on sometimes it does not when it comes on if I locked the door or as I drive off the radio goes off and it does not come back on if you get a solution please let me know post it so I can read it I was just told by a guy at Napa Auto parts that I need to go to a radio store & ask if they can check the connection for me forpc.onl jiofi local html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there. I took my car to the Chrysler dealership and they ultimately ended up being able to solve my problem. I’ll attach an image of the diagnostic and repair statement they gave me that details exactly what they did to fix it. A flashing odometer is a key sign as to this possibly being a problem, so lookout for that sign. Hope this helps you!

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
A flashing odometer is a sign of a missing or corrupted PROXI:
Proxi Configuration Alignment – Appcar DiagFCA – diagnostic tool (appcar-diagfca.com)
If a 'control module' is missing from the CAN bus network, it should set 'U'-codes which indicate a 'loss of communication' has occurred.
As stated, poor or intermittent connections, bad grounds or introducing 'foreign' modules can cause the need for a PROXI alignment.
A PROXI check is also recommended for any module (TCM) updates:
(4) Fixing hard shifts with the missing PROXI | Allpar Forums

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
854 Posts
Recently completed a 3,100 mile road trip. The 200 generally performed great in the high winds across the great plains. Some days the wind helped and some it fought us, but overall the aerodynamics of the car were a definite advantage compared with SUVs and trucks we saw leaning and drifting around the highways. Really nice to have the V6's passing power to quickly get around slow movers on the rural two lane roads too.

Plant Blue Automotive design Personal luxury car Electric blue

I had two issues though. Early in the trip I noticed that the premium sound system didn't sound right. Sure enough I soon determined that the front right channel speakers were dead. So I'm going through my mind all the possible failure points and how I'll troubleshoot, when I get a brain flash: First try resetting the Uconnect. That was all it took. Problem fixed.

It makes me wonder what else might not work the way it should if the head unit isn't reset periodically? Probably a reset should be part of annual maintenance.

Also the AC stopped working for two days. (I'd noticed similar behavior very briefly when the car was only a couple years old.) The earliest appointment I could get at the dealer where we were was over four weeks out. Of course I tried a head unit reset again, but it made no apparent immediate difference. Then the next day the AC mysteriously started to work again, and worked fine for the rest of the trip including a day of 90° sunny weather. I guess I'll have my local dealer check it out, but I'm not optimistic they'll have an answer.

Reactions: 200_S_AWD

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
If they can't find anything obvious with the A/C, there is a software update for the HVAC module that addresses intermittent heating/cooling problems:
Font Number Screenshot

The next time the radio loses the Rt channel, don't reset it and have the dealer service dept. check for radio/amplifier stored or active fault codes.
Resetting the radio will erase stored fault codes. Normally the radio shouldn't need periodic resets.

·
Registered
854 Posts
If they can't find anything obvious with the A/C, there is a software update for the HVAC module that addresses intermittent heating/cooling problems:
View attachment 59211
The next time the radio loses the Rt channel, don't reset it and have the dealer service dept. check for radio/amplifier stored or active fault codes.
Resetting the radio will erase stored fault codes. Normally the radio shouldn't need periodic resets.
I've had that update applied soon after it was released. I wouldn't be surprised though, if there is still some remaining firmware bug.

I've got Alfa OBD, so next time either problem occurs I'll take the time to check for codes. While you're correct that one shouldn't need to reset the head unit periodically, it is after all a computer, and subject to the same potential issues that PCs, smart phones and other micro-processor controlled devices are, and for which periodic reboots are often recommended. i.e., software bugs, memory faults, or processor errors due to heat and/or out of tolerance components.

Thanks for all the valuable input you've continually provided on the forum since you joined. You've been a huge help to many members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts