Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chrysler 200s 2015 yesterday I went out started my car and drove 8 miles I went to leave a few hours later and my car won't start or crank it says waiting for engine to warm up I've never seen this any ideas why it's doing this or how to get it to start and fix the issue

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The EVIC message says 'Waiting for engine to warm up'? I've never heard of this on a gasoline engine.
There is a TSB # 18-019-17 for the 3.6L that addresses long crank times, cooling fan fault and coolant sensor performance fault issues. You can read about it here:

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
Why would someone need a new battery after the AC clutch goes out besides coincidence?

·
Registered
369 Posts
....Did you check the air in the tires?:unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why would someone need a new battery after the AC clutch goes out besides coincidence?
The shop that fixed it said since all the major system parts, including the ac compressor, run off the serpentine belt when my battery went out it was due to the alternator being damaged and not charging it because of them all being tied to that belt??? So now im thinking it could be the alternator bad. I've also been hearing it's stuck in theft mode???

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
The shop that fixed it said since all the major system parts, including the ac compressor, run off the serpentine belt when my battery went out it was due to the alternator being damaged and not charging it because of them all being tied to that belt??? So now im thinking it could be the alternator bad. I've also been hearing it's stuck in theft mode???
You need to find a reputable mechanic. Someone has been feeding you a line of ** **.
What is theft mode ?

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
Theft mode may be that the vehicle security system is triggered and active? May be a key fob issue?
If the A/C clutch came apart and threw the belt, it could have damaged the alternator and discharged the battery.
If the battery would not take a charge and had to be replaced, that might have been a separate issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I got both going on and it's under warranty just can't get ahold of the salesman. He's dodging me. Told me he's calling Chrysler dealership and call back in 20 mins 3 hours ago.He's got 40 min to call me back lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the problem, the “engine warming wait to start” displays on the cluster while attempting to start. This battery is 2 months old had the same issue before with 12 error codes. All codes went away after battery replacement. Can’t find anything other than this post. Had battery checked today, was good but car won’t start. Code u1540 keeps popping up, which is dead battery. Will try a new battery an see, can’t think of anything else.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
Stop. What dash light is indicating that the "engine is warming, wait to start"? Can you describe the lit icon shape, color or where it is located in the cluster? Can you find a picture or description of it in the owners manual or online and direct us to it?
The OP had this warning display and has never replied back to us.
The U1540 is not a 'dead battery' code. If anything, your car has a charging system issue? If the car won't start, you can't check the alternator. Does it click, crank slowly or not at all, or crank OK and not fire up? Always diagnose first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stop. What dash light is indicating that the "engine is warming, wait to start"? Can you describe the lit icon shape, color or where it is located in the cluster? Can you find a picture or description of it in the owners manual or online and direct us to it?
The U1540 is not a 'dead battery' code. If anything, your car has a charging system issue? If the car won't start, you can't check the alternator. Does it click, crank slowly or not at all, or crank OK and not fire up? Always diagnose first.
All lights come on, you can turn on radio etc everything works but when you try to start you hear clicks and then the “engine warming wait to start” comes on. The check engine light blinks. Had the battery checked and all good, disconnected let sit. Here is a picture of the engine warming.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
I have looked on the internet and found a few complaints dating back to 2017 with the exact issue "engine warming wait to start". Sadly with the few I found none ever got back to say what the fix was. Although it sounds electrical, considering the no start issue and other factors.
There is a thread on this forum dating back to 2017 also. That person never returned to tell us the repair, if it ever was.
Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts