Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic just did a 2.4L motor swap. Replaced the starter also. He advised me that the car is trying to crank but won't turn over.
He doesn't know too much about push start engine trouble shoots from what I'm being told. Is there something I can relay to him? The engine swapped has 5k miles on it. Replaced starter and battery.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The engine turns freely by hand with a wrench on the crankshaft bolt head?
By 'trying to crank', you mean that it 'clicks' or does the starter actually engage and rotate the engine, but the engine is not firing?
He should double-check that everything is plugged in, that no wiring is cut, pinched or disconnected, etc.
Any fault codes? This donor 2.4L is from a compatible 'year/model/emissions sales code' vehicle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mechanic said it read u504 code.. anyone familiar with this code and fixing it.? Also will this code cause starting issues preventing turn over?

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
There is no U504 fault code. There is a U1504 code that is a steering angle sensor implausible data length message on the CAN bus.
Has your mechanic erased it and it came back? Double-check about the actual code number.
I don't think that this would cause a no-crank situation. See description and diagnostics for U1504 below:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts