Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
As stated, clean the area to see where fresh oil may be coming from.
The 3.6 is known to have an issue with the oil filter housing cracking and leaking.
The cause is over tightening the cap or not lubing the O ring before reinstalling the cap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look into it. It looks like somewhere on the driver's side. That picture is there, right around around where the engine and transaxle meet. I have an appointment with the dealership I bought it from. I haven't even made the first payment yet. So it's very frustrating. I'll update once I have more information.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Great! Very common...mine was leaking coolant when it crapped out. Its the 1st place too ck on these engines when smelling or seeing oil or coolant.

Reactions: Blinky

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to these. Not to mention...it's the first vehicle I've had newer than a '98. Lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to these. Not to mention...it's the first vehicle I've had newer than a '98. Lol.
If the battery is the original you should change it. It may be fine now but...They usually last on avg 3 yrs and your car will start doing wierd things before it totally craps out.

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll check into it. I can swap it out for my xs power in the Jeep(if needed). It's down right now anyhow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts