Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hose blew today on my 3.6L just over 76K miles.. :(

I found the replacement hose and (finally) got the old one off...that clamp it a PITA to get off!!!

Does anyone know if the short rubber hose piece is supposed to stay on the metal pipe or should I take it off when installing the new hose? Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood Automotive air manifold

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A replacement item #10 comes with the coupler end piece. Item #11 and #12 is the clamp and quick-release clip. The clip comes with the new hose also.
Mopar part # 68193963AA.

Line Font Auto part Automotive exterior Parallel

Reactions: tonyrsmith1217

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information!

The new hose I pickup up from Advanced Auto didn't have the plastic "quick connector" so I'm using the existing one... The new clamp seems to be a tight secure fit..

That other connector is fighting me to get it secured (since it's under the cress frame, you have to feel your way... I may get the old screw type hose clamp....

Thanks again!

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
The constant-tension hose clamps are called CLICs and require a special tool:
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Art

Be sure to use the recommended OAT coolant (meeting Chrysler MS-12106) and distilled water for refill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hose blew today on my 3.6L just over 76K miles.. :(

I found the replacement hose and (finally) got the old one off...that clamp it a PITA to get off!!!

Does anyone know if the short rubber hose piece is supposed to stay on the metal pipe or should I take it off when installing the new hose? View attachment 58905 View attachment 58906

Thanks!!
That is the part on mine that broke! They gave it back to me at the dealership and said they could no longer get that part so they replaced it with a non-OEM part. Warning my friend.. if the hose came off on the top.. it means your one on the bottom is about to go (most likely).. 4 months after they replaced the one you see in your picture.. the bottom one blew while I was on the highway and it ruined my whole engine. I just dropped close to 12K at Chrysler to get a new 3.6 put back in my car... so, be carful to check the hose on the other end as well.. OR go have a radiator place check it. Don't go through what I just dealt with.. $$

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine blew at around 40K miles. The dealer also told me that the pipe coming from the thermostat side was redesigned because that plastic connector was known to crack. Not realizing I didn't need it, I also got the rubber hose that comes from the radiator. Didn't need it. I used the existing rubber hose and a band clamp to attach to the newly designed pipe from the thermostat.

Plant Automotive tire Wood Automotive exhaust Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
Maybe residual coolant steam-off? Does it have an odor?

·
Administrator
2,075 Posts
A plastic-odor could be bad. Pop the hood. Can you locate the source?
Perhaps something is resting against the exhaust manifold and melting?
Check wiring & connectors to make sure nothing is burnt.
You might smell it even with no smoke. Follow your nose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts