Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after looking at several heavily optioned 200C's I think I found my car. I pick it up tomorrow.

2016 200C 3.6L FWD with 16,800 miles (10 Months Bumper to Bumper warranty remaining)
Velvet Red Ext/Mocha interior
Safety Tec Package
Premium Group
Premium Lighting
Navigation and Sound Group I
Pano Sunroof
19" Wheels

Car is in great shape with exception of the wheels that have some curb rash so I negotiated the price after speaking with an outfit who will be refinishing the wheels to factory new condition.

Before Tax and tag I'm at $16,500 and my OTD price will be $17,750. When I'm ready to have the wheels redone I'll be spending another $600. Not too bad for a car than listed new for $36,685(although I know no one paid that much).

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Real good price for sure, considering it has safety tech, HID's & LED's, with low miles. I like the mocha interior. Only issue might be the 19" wheels which are known for making for a harsh ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Real good price for sure, considering it has safety tech, HID's & LED's, with low miles. I like the mocha interior. Only issue might be the 19" wheels which are known for making for a harsh ride.
Joe, I was considering the harsh ride of the 19" wheels and wondering.....What if I spend the $600 budgeted for refinishing on aftermarket 18" wheels when it comes time to replace the 19" tires....18" tires are more affordable and will probably offer a more compliant ride. Would you agree?

Craig

·
Registered
562 Posts
Joe, I was considering the harsh ride of the 19" wheels and wondering.....What if I spend the $600 budgeted for refinishing on aftermarket 18" wheels when it comes time to replace the 19" tires....18" tires are more affordable and will probably offer a more compliant ride. Would you agree?

Craig
Sure, wheels and tires from a good shop or tirerack.com should do, you would need to transfer the tpms sensors or buy new ones. In the end it might be around $2,000. But you could get some money back by selling the 19's.
Or try driving around with 19's and see if the ride is ok first, if it is, then you can keep as it is.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Check the cabin air filter too, when I got mine it was real nasty and it had obviously never been changed in 3+ years, just a thought. Most people do oil changes and forget everything else.

·
Super Moderator
2,421 Posts
Nice choice! I really like that interior, I have never seen the Mocha option in person.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So after looking at several heavily optioned 200C's I think I found my car. I pick it up tomorrow.

2016 200C 3.6L FWD with 16,800 miles (10 Months Bumper to Bumper warranty remaining)
Velvet Red Ext/Mocha interior
Safety Tec Package
Premium Group
Premium Lighting
Navigation and Sound Group I
Pano Sunroof
19" Wheels

Car is in great shape with exception of the wheels that have some curb rash so I negotiated the price after speaking with an outfit who will be refinishing the wheels to factory new condition.

Before Tax and tag I'm at $16,500 and my OTD price will be $17,750. When I'm ready to have the wheels redone I'll be spending another $600. Not too bad for a car than listed new for $36,685(although I know no one paid that much).

Craig
The S AWD that was priced just like yours and in options.
Rolled out of the dealership as i showed up. Mind you i let a dealer know i was coming to outright sitdown and purchase the car.

No memory seats but had been loaded i was pissed to drive for 3 hours to litterally watch the car roll out the lot as i rolled in with temp tags.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Keep the 19" wheels. Mine has those and we took a 200 mile ride today and my wife commented how smooth the car drove. I also drive a '13 Corvette that has the electromagnetic suspension with Sport & Tour modes. The consensus is that no one can tell the difference between the two. The 200 with 19" wheels rides fine and if it bothers you, give it a week and you will become acclimated. BTW, I have the mocha interior and it is stylish! I strongly urge you to price a service contract [aka "extended warranty'] to protect you when the car is out of warranty. I bought mine when the car was new from Mercury Insurance, even though I don't have auto insurance from them, and it was 60% cheaper than buying from the dealer. Your car being used is a separate issue, so shop around for a plan that covers a used vehicle. Platinum coverage pretty much mimics the factory warranty and I like zero deductible with the most years and mileage covered - probably 7 or 10 years, 100,000 miles. Your personal driving amount will shape your decision as to years and miles, if you elect to go this route.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the 19" wheels on the S model FWD and I don't find it harsh at all. But again, ride harshness is very subjective. Im coming from an '02 Explorer and an '03 Impala before that so that is what Im comparing the ride quality to. Atm I have 17" winter rims on and I find it really bouncy.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's a good looking ride there. I like the color combo of the mocha and the velvet red. Or, a little bit of "Inside peanut butter, outside jelly." :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I know I'm a bit late on this conversation, but rather than changing the wheels to save money on tires, you could always change the size of the tire. I believe it was the 245/35/19 that these wheels were originally supposed to have. Hmmmm, or was it 235/45/19.....someone on the Facebook had a picture of Chryslers web site showing the larger tire on their ads. This would give you many more options that are more affordable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts