Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 chrysler 200 from a used car lot. The lights on the dashboard started to flicker a few days after getting it and now the pretty much are completely out. I noticed however it does it more when i accelerate or turn the steering wheel completely. Please any ideas what could be the issue

·
Registered
483 Posts
Take it back too them too check if they're reputable and capable. Like blincoin said, check the charging system. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
A month after I bought my vehicle (it passed Honda's inspection) I had the exact same issues!! My car didn't even start one time! Come to find out, the Chrysler dealer told me you HAD to use Chrysler batteries because of the terminal issues. Supposedly when you buy normal batteries, the connection does not always seat the best. After paying them, no more issues. I've never heard of this before and was irate about it, but everyone is looking for ways to bleed money out of you I. No more running out to Walmart or somewhere and buying a car battery! :-(

·
Registered
846 Posts
A month after I bought my vehicle (it passed Honda's inspection) I had the exact same issues!! My car didn't even start one time! Come to find out, the Chrysler dealer told me you HAD to use Chrysler batteries because of the terminal issues. Supposedly when you buy normal batteries, the connection does not always seat the best. After paying them, no more issues. I've never heard of this before and was irate about it, but everyone is looking for ways to bleed money out of you I. No more running out to Walmart or somewhere and buying a car battery! :-(
First we've heard this. Lots of us here are running aftermarket batteries without issue. On the other hand the OE batteries tend to fail early and have shorter warranties. I went through two of them already and am now running an Autozone Durallast without issue.

Reactions: Black Knight

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
Not true !
Use whatever battery is in the correct group size and provides the amp hour specification.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act requires that if a manufacturer requires a specific replacement part of their own brand and disqualifies a warranty by using another brand, then the manufacturer must supply the part for free. So ask the dealer for a free replacement battery and see what they say.

·
Registered
279 Posts
First we've heard this. Lots of us here are running aftermarket batteries without issue. On the other hand the OE batteries tend to fail early and have shorter warranties. I went through two of them already and am now running an Autozone Durallast without issue.
My wife's 2012 battery was still good, I just replaced it proactively, because my 2011 battery failed this summer, 8 years old. Hers was 7 years old.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine would flicker every so often while driving down the highway.

I tightened the battery clamps and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 Chrysler 200 and my front right running light stays on after I turn off car, can anyone tell me what may be the problem. Also when I turn on the car all lights work fine ,just when I turn the car off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts