Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just upgraded my existing RA2 to RA 4 to be able to use the control center more efficiently. Can I upgrade my rear wiev mirror as well to UConnect/auto dim mirror. If I don't upgrade it, I need to purchase and use 911 call emulator plug which cost around $50. The upgrade mirror is $65 from LKQ. I've just checked harness for my existing mirror. All the cables ready to plug. Please advise? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have upgraded also, and have the 911 mirror. You will still need the 911 pigtail. You could possibly make one as some people have done but requires resistor and soldering. Also, the mirror does not have auto dim functions and compass will not work. I like having the buttons so its a trade off. Good luck in your decision

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lazer 20000;

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I was wondering did you take your car to a Chrysler dealer after you installed the mirror to apply the settings and changes with computer. Thx.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Lazer 20000;

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I was wondering did you take your car to a Chrysler dealer after you installed the mirror to apply the settings and changes with computer. Thx.
When I took the car to the Chrysler dealer they did the proxi update to fix the blinking odometer and allow the radio to fit the current features of the car. (Climate didnt work). They were not able to get auto dim mirror or compass to work. But the assist and 911 buttons work, and voice commands all work fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again! One last question though. If original stock mirror does not have the dimming function, why the harnes has 2 cable connected to the mirror?

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
113 Posts
A lot of optional functions may be included in the wiring harnesses but may not be usable... One wiring harness instead of multiple harnesses makes sense from an inventory aspect... FCA (FIAT Chrysler America) has limited what you CAN do with your car as an owner or dealer and unless your specific model (limited,C,S...) had that option when purchased... The BCM (body control module) is "locked" by FCA and FCA corporate makes the decision on what options can or cannot be activated... Also some physical devices may not actually present (like the electronic compass, fog lights, paddle shifters, etc...) FCA got some bad press from a video showing one of their cars being hacked and controlled remotely... A dangerous concept and they in following generation cars "locked down" access without first going thru FCA corporate and they have limited how much information on programming (adding/removing) accessories... They should have just restricted remote access to the car's electronics but they (the dealers) stand to make big $$$ forcing you to go to the dealership for any changes or parts replacements...
The power steering rack and pinion as an example has a "one time" programing for the car's VIN... If you go to a salvage yard and buy one it CAN'T be re-programmed to allow it to be used in your car (the VINs don't match)... We are getting closer and closer to a dealer only servicable car and they for the most part have no clue on what is actually wrong with the cars...
Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe it was an option for the limited. The 8.4 radio was available for it. But the factory had to program the BCM to recognize it. From my understanding it can't be added later. I would like to figure it out also. The mirrror has power because the buttons all work as they should. But the uconnect controls it i believe. When i first installed the mirror and radio, under the controls in uconnect they had "auto dimming" on or off. If only there was a way to have it " always on" perhaps with wiring modifications. But risky to attempt. Unless someone had a wiring diagram for the mirror. Good luck with it. If you happen to get it working give us an update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts