Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, me and a few others on a couple 200 facebook pages are wondering if we could swap the 200 Limited steering wheel with the steering wheel from the 2016 200s. The 200s wheel has paddle shifters and we are wondering if the paddle shifters from the 200s will work with the Limited since they have the same transmission. The paddle shifters would be the main reason for the swap.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Might need other parts, not just the wheel swap. TCM might be different? Not sure.. but hopefully someone will answer who knows for sure. Does the limited have "S" mode? If not then theyre different transmissions.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Might need other parts, not just the wheel swap. TCM might be different? Not sure.. but hopefully someone will answer who knows for sure. Does the limited have "S" mode? If not then they're different transmissions.
I drive a '15 Limited 3.6 and I can confirm that it has the paddle shifters and the 'S' mode.

Now, as to replacing the steering wheel as suggested above ... I very much doubt that it is an easy switch over. The steering wheel itself is no problem but trying to incorporate the paddle shifter option on a car that did not come with it may present numerous problems. Having been a member of this forum for some time I have read on lots of occasions of guys trying to modify/upgrade parts and running into all kinds of nightmares. Even a simple radio exchange creates problems. Keep in mind that the '15-'17 200s are to be considered rolling computers and nothing is simple. Good luck with your endeavors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
About two years ago I did this to my 2016 Limited. At the time I was trying to get a heated steering wheel working on it and didn't bother taking the paddles off. They worked. But as with anything you do to this car the dash odometer starts flashing and needs a proxi alignment. After which they stopped working. Not sure if the dealer just did a proxi alignment or totally reflashed the BCM. But after getting the car back they no longer worked. I did verify that they did not just disconnect them.

I no longer own the car and eventually got a 200c. I quickly learned that even if you can install every single part needed for something to work the dealer still may not get it to work. In my example I had all the parts for a heated steering wheel. But for it to work the dealer needs to add it to my VIN and download an updated BCM flash file. But it was just not available for my VIN and Chrysler was no help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts