Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! This is my first time posting here. I just recently bought a Chrysler 200 from Carmax and had a beautiful accident happen about 2 weeks ago now. I was driving home with cruise on about 74mph and heard a loud bang. Lost all power and acceleration immediately and had to pull off on an exit. When I got out of my car i could see oil everywhere on the undercarriage and 2 chunks of my aluminum block sitting in my engine bay. I have video and pictures of what happened but I was curious if anyone else had any issues like that?
20210616_165526.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-171149_Gallery.jpg
20210616_170003.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,163 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Any warning, like noises? Any past Chrysler service history shared on this car?
I can look in dealer history with the last 8 of the VIN. If you don't wish to publish your partial VIN here, send it to me in a Conversation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. Any warning, like noises? Any past Chrysler service history shared on this car?
I can look in dealer history with the last 8 of the VIN. If you don't wish to publish your partial VIN here, send it to me in a Conversation.
I don't mind last 8 is HN504555 I know it used to be used as a fleet vehicle before I got it. No warnings or strange noises on the car it would crank and run as normal.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Only time
I heard about that with any 3.6l was from somebody that had been a tech at the dealer I bought my 2012 from that had also been a customer of the hobby shop I worked for at the time who had seen newer 200’s like your’s do that after driving through fairly deep puddles and sucking in water. From what he said, the Pentastars DO NOT like that! Not sure what else might cause that outside of just neglect that could have finally caught up with it after you got it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,163 Posts
Hypex has the 2.4L. It is difficult to say why it came apart. No dealer service history, other than dealer prep at delivery. Perhaps some forensics can be done during the engine replacement?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts