Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO I have a 2017 Chrysler 200S 3.6L and I am replacing the alternator and I have been trying to find a diagram or schematic for a 2017 200 S 3.6:L of the belt and pulley design and how route the belt back on after i replace the alternator. Id like to have the diagram to just have one too incase i have to change my belts in the future.... anyone know a link or a pic or anything somewhere so i can see it please?? Your help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU EVERYONE =)

JJ

·
Registered
655 Posts
FYI: You need to remove the lower coolant hose to be able to remove the belt.

You'll need to remove the passenger side wheel and fender well to get to all that stuff.

Not a small job.

Check YouTube too.

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
HELLO I have a 2017 Chrysler 200S 3.6L and I am replacing the alternator and I have been trying to find a diagram or schematic for a 2017 200 S 3.6:L of the belt and pulley design and how route the belt back on after i replace the alternator. Id like to have the diagram to just have one too incase i have to change my belts in the future.... anyone know a link or a pic or anything somewhere so i can see it please?? Your help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU EVERYONE =)

JJ
Pics in this thread post #20 bottom 2 pics - should help a little.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I guess you don't need to remove the lower coolant hose to take the belt off the accessories, you can let it hang and put it back on when you're done, but if you want to replace the belt you'll have to.
You'll still need to remove the wheel and fender well to access the tensioner.

·
Super Moderator
2,543 Posts
I would remove it like you suggested Joe - I ended up replacing my lower radiator hose. It's not like the older cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts