Chrysler 200 Forum banner

2017 ordering open

6K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  phillyitaliano 
#1 ·
As of this morning, dealers can order m/y 2017 200. There is a new $500 option package, the Dark Appearance Package, blacks out quite a bit of the car and includes halogen/led front lighting. No word if the uprated Pentastar (as is available in charger, challenger, pacifica, and ram) is on the 2017 200s or not.

Running out to my sisters dealership this week to play with the order configurator. I'll find out when the order cut-off is for the plant shutdown in December, probably November 15th or so.

#5 ·
They're stopping production in December, so I'm assuming the ones they are making up until then will be 2017 models.

Reactions: Nicades92 and Mace
#7 · (Edited)
Wow, major letdown. That means the model-specific S and C suspensions are kaput unless they roll out some package. That wouldn't be new, the first-gen 200 got S packages for the LX trim in its final year. But, I doubt it. I think they're just trimming parts for the shutdown.

This may be a placeholder, but you can now trick the site to do a 2017 build: http://www.chrysler.com/bridge/bmo.html?family=200&year=2017

(It's likely a placeholder - still shows 200S and 200C models).

#8 · (Edited)
According to Automobile Mag, the S is gone but the C remains. They claim there will be three "new" models:

* 200 Touring
* 200 Limited Platinum
* 200C Platinum

Similar to how the last 200 was rolled up, but with the C to burn off the AWD and unique suspensions, I suspect. Not sure why it wasn't showing in the dealer ordering book, however - may have been a last minute change as they inventoried suspensions on hand.

Source: http://www.automobilemag.com/news/fiatchrysler-outlines-2017-changes/

#9 ·
Allpar just updated with more details, FCA seems to be doing what I predicted. The 200S is gone, but the Alloy Edition package will replace it for the final run.

The Alloy Edition will add what was in the 200S, including AWD, sport mode (on 2.4L), and the alloy grilles. Not clear on if it includes sport suspension in '17 or not

So all that is really gone in the final production run is the 200S's blackout grilles (as the Alloy Edition add-on converts them to gunmetal, not black). And possibly the 200S suspension tune.

Read more here: http://www.allpar.com/history/chrysler-years/C21/2017.html

What I don't get is that FCA has confirmed Cherokee is moving to Belvidere... would have been very easy to stamp out the CUSW tooling for Dart and the 200 simultaneously, and have one shift for both Dart and 200. I mean, I'm sure they looked at it. The CAFE theory seems to be the only reason why not to.

#13 ·
Okay, so one more detail. The Dark Appearance package will be what they are going to use to burn off the S facias.

Still haven't seen a firm "S is dead" vs "S is unchanged but will live on" confirmation - I suspect S is dead between Alloy and Dark packages.

Here's the bad news: For '17 MY - Dark Appearance will only be offered on the base Touring model. It doesn't sound like you can do Dark + Alloy to recreate the S either.

My biggest disappointment: The 300 is getting Uconnect 4.0 and the 200 won't. Our only hope at this point is to hack a Uconnect 4.0 from the Jeep Cherokee or Pacifica to work in our cars. Mopar is not offering upgrade kits. Stupid, and a shame.

#17 ·
Wow i wish i would have waited. I got my 2016 limited back in february. I would have deffinately have held out for that alloy edition. I just went on chryslers website it looks really good. But then again, they gave me almost $8000 in rebates on the car so who would have resisted. They are practically giving them away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.