Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have an ODB2 code reader? If you don't, invest in one. You can get a good one for $40-60. I can't tell you how many times it has helped me narrow down problems. IMO it probably is a fault in the key FOB, not your 200s. I wish I knew more about how they work but I think it would be worth hooking up a code reader, remote starting your car til it shuts itself off and see if you get a code.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Fixed the leak today and it wasn’t that difficult. Didn’t drain the coolant first and not much came out. I didn’t remove the cooler just lifted it up and replaced the seals. Changed oil and topped off coolant. All seems good so far.

exhaust leak and bent rim next...I’m gonna pay someone to do the exhaust though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah I used some common sense and cleaned surfaces, covered ports, disconnected battery, etc. Hopefully my calibrated elbow torqued all the bolts down to the correct spec. I didn’t have a 3/8” torque wrench but did read how tight they should be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like you got it covered. My 2015 S has just over 17,000 miles on the clock, bought it in April. The original owner pampered it, elderly, passed away. I just found it on Cars.com by accident. I had to jump on it. My first choice was a 300C but my wife thought it too big so I remembered that Chrysler made the 200 for three years. All the 200Cs that I came across had too many miles so the 200S was the choice. I don't regret it. Like sliding into a cockpit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I love my 200s. The awd is great in the snow and has all the bells and whistles. A lot of car for the money.
I bought it with 40k on it and now it has 61k. I hope these problems I’m having aren’t a sign of things to come.
I really can’t believe the exhaust is leaking like it is already...

The car itself is in mint shape. I change the oil frequently using mobil 1 extended performance.

I’ve always been a foreign import guy but was open minded when I bought this car. Hopefully I don’t regret it. I wonder how much $$ this exhaust repair will set me back. Here is the part that’s leakingFront Pipe
I’m expecting to pay a shop $4-600 to weld me up a new piece.

Here are some pics from earlier today. It is a sexy car. Link

The brake bleeder hand pump worked great for sucking all the oil from the valley.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes it is a gorgeous color! Nice choice.

The exhaust is leaking where the woven metal is on the pipe. It’s not at a flange. The weave has a hole in it.

I ordered a replacement rim this morning for $180 on eBay. When I get that I’ll bring it to the shop for the rest of my work. Im hoping to get at least 200k miles out of this car with minimal problems.🤞

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks bud. Good luck with your car and if you ever have any issues please share them. It’s good to be familiar with common problems such as this oil leak.

I’ll snap some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it is a gorgeous color! Nice choice.

The exhaust is leaking where the woven metal is on the pipe. It’s not at a flange. The weave has a hole in it.

I ordered a replacement rim this morning for $180 on eBay. When I get that I’ll bring it to the shop for the rest of my work. Im hoping to get at least 200k miles out of this car with minimal problems.🤞
You may want to check with the dealer as usually anything pre catalyst would be covered 8/80000 miles.
Components listed under the Federal Emissions Warranty
There are a number of parts and systems in today's vehicles that qualify as emissions-related parts. These parts and components are listed below. Keep in mind that new systems may be added since vehicles are constantly evolving.
  • Air system controls
  • Catalytic converters
  • Distributor and distributor components
  • Electronic fuel injection system and injectors
  • Evaporative-emission canister and controls
  • Exhaust manifold
  • Exhaust gas recirculation valve and control system
  • Exhaust pipes (between exhaust manifold and catalyst)
  • Fuel cap and tank assembly
  • Pump and fuel lines
  • Ignition coil and ignition module
  • Intake manifold
  • On-board diagnostic-system components
  • Oxygen sensors
  • Positive crankcase-ventilation (PCV) valve or orifice
  • Powertrain control module
  • Secondary ignition wires
  • Spark plugs
  • Throttle body
  • Transmission-control module
  • Vacuum hoses, clamps, and fittings, as well as tubing used for these components
  • Vacuum, temperature, altitude, speed, time-sensitive valves, sensors, and switches used in these components and systems.
  • For details about which components may be covered, consult your vehicle's warranty manual, consult your dealer or contact your vehicle manufacturer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Interesting. I did not know this. It is pretty specific that only the catalytic converter and pcm are covered. But like you said, it can be argued that the catalytic converter isn’t working properly because the hole is pre-cat. I will call them tomorrow and see if they can do anything for me. I called for a the price on this replacement pipe a couple weeks ago and they of course didn’t mention any warranty.

I’ll let you guys know if they help me out once I mention this federal warranty. Thanks!

74F537F5-B5A9-43F5-BA13-55AB538B21DA.png

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
I am pretty sure in the USA catcons are covered 8 years 80K miles, doesn't matter what Chrysler or any other MFG says in their manual - federal law mandates they have to cover it.

Matter of fact look at page 20 part 5.2 in the manual you posted. It's covered and Chrysler states it there.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts