Chrysler 200 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
344 Posts
I doubt that the exhaust flex joint is rusted out. It is a stainless steel 'accordion' pipe under the mesh to deal with thermal length changes.
The ones I have seen fail this early are from developing a crack. Usually from being hit by something underneath or behind the joint. That damage wouldn't be covered.
You would need a dealership to inspect and determine what happened. The diagnostic charge would be waived if it is covered by the Extended Federal Emissions warranty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I doubt that the exhaust flex joint is rusted out. It is a stainless steel 'accordion' pipe under the mesh to deal with thermal length changes.
The ones I have seen fail this early are from developing a crack. Usually from being hit by something underneath or behind the joint. That damage wouldn't be covered.
You would need a dealership to inspect and determine what happened. The diagnostic charge would be waived if it is covered by the Extended Federal Emissions warranty.
I looked at it and it appears the woven metal is frayed. No apparent impact damage or rust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Not covered. The dealership guy was really nice but won’t honor it. The dealer inspected it and said both flex pipes on the front pipe are leaking. Taking it to a muffler shop this afternoon.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts