Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i recently found a supercharger that is made for the v6 charger and challenger but since that has the same v6 as the 200 was wondering if anyone has put a supercharger on their 200 and if its worth it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
hey everyone i recently found a supercharger that is made for the v6 charger and challenger but since that has the same v6 as the 200 was wondering if anyone has put a supercharger on their 200 and if its worth it.
Yes I have, I'm not ready to reveal...... but north of 400 wheel horsepower is the norm at the high end.

There are several manufacturers of V6 Charger and Challenger turbo/superchargers from Tidal, Ripp to Sprintex.

All it takes is time and money.. any manufacturer would be willing to work with you.

Now to see if the 9 speed transmission can keep up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I have, I'm not ready to reveal...... but north of 400 wheel horsepower is the norm at the high end.

There are several manufacturers of V6 Charger and Challenger turbo/superchargers from Tidal, Ripp to Sprintex.

All it takes is time and money.. any manufacturer would be willing to work with you.

Any new info that you are willing to share yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
SC would be very intrusive, this is why a 100hp shot of NOS would work perfect on a completely stock car, nothing bigger than that. Otherwise you will want to build the motor more + supporting parts to support the 100+HP of extra fuel supply needed.

In Cali we cant have anything visual that never came on it originally, so it would fail Visual Smog testing, NOS can be hidden though and you can reach your 400hp simpler.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The only thing close to supercharger that could get slapped onto a 200 2015+ would be off the jeep wrangler.
Dont think anyone really committed onto trying.
I myself, i am letting others Guinea pig

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Right now, if I were going to try the forced induction route, it would have to be a supercharger or a turbo, don't like or trust nitrous. Probably wouldn't go overboard on boost either, although I'd rather hace something more Roots like vs a turbo or a "Procharger"......mainly since I'm not sure how much I like the idea of pressurising a plastic intake manifold either.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Right now, if I were going to try the forced induction route, it would have to be a supercharger or a turbo, don't like or trust nitrous. Probably wouldn't go overboard on boost either, although I'd rather hace something more Roots like vs a turbo or a "Procharger"......mainly since I'm not sure how much I like the idea of pressurising a plastic intake manifold either.
Ok jeeps the gaskets blew first, odd right? thanks oem.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a 3.6 Wrangler upper manifold to check hood clearance. If that checks, the next major thing is fabricating the passenger side motor mount that also combines the pullet bracket. I have some ideas, but no time/money. I'm in no hurry, as money isn't freely available. But I'm pretty positive it can be done. I would only run the Edelbrock kit. All else are inferior. Tuning is another part. Haven't tuned a car that wasn't forced inducted to begin with, then was. Might be easier then I think.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I bought a 3.6 Wrangler upper manifold to check hood clearance. If that checks, the next major thing is fabricating the passenger side motor mount that also combines the pullet bracket. I have some ideas, but no time/money. I'm in no hurry, as money isn't freely available. But I'm pretty positive it can be done. I would only run the Edelbrock kit. All else are inferior. Tuning is another part. Haven't tuned a car that wasn't forced inducted to begin with, then was. Might be easier then I think.
I would love to hear a supercharger whine from my engine bay, but that kinda money and lack of popularity of car to do so in.

Its a scarry thought to plunge money into without already being perfected nor a profrssional (because im not) working on the car and additionally pay them for the back n forth. Oh not to mention back n forth on dyno.

Guinea Pigs C'mon make it happen. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ism

Is there any info that you could give on that supercharger t

Is there any info on this supercharger??

·
Registered
414 Posts
Theres a bunch of supercharged 3.6 from RIPP on Youtube.

Reactions: Black Knight
1 - 20 of 36 Posts