Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
The main prob is the different platforms...FWD vs RWD. Different hose and pipe routeing, space in the engine compartment etc. If you have time and $ and a skilled fabricator, then yes! It can prob be done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey everyone i recently found a supercharger that is made for the v6 charger and challenger but since that has the same v6 as the 200 was wondering if anyone has put a supercharger on their 200 and if its worth it.
I'm looking at the same thing, but the belt routing is impossible without customizing the top motor mount. And then I'm still not sure.

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
142 Posts
I'm looking at the same thing, but the belt routing is impossible without customizing the top motor mount. And then I'm still not sure.
We drew up a metal mount that allows the belt to pass thru , while still using the rubber mount .

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
2015 200s 3.6 AWD
142 Posts
Good news !!

I finally got in touch with the head of research and development at sprintex .

Finally got in touch with the right person at sprintex .

Hi Brian,
Thanks for reaching out on this.
I have had a look at Chrysler 200 in the past and in the time of our Gen 1 Pentastar system pretty much ruled out adapting the system to that platform.
As the Gen2 is generally lower and on the transverse engine would be further back, there is some potential that should be explored.
For JL and WK, the intake is on the bank 2 side, (the front on a 200) so that might create some issues.
There aren't any systems available at this moment, but as soon as we have some parts you could experiment with, I can let you know.
We are closed currently due to Covid 19, but hope to get back to normal soon.
In the interim, stay safe and keep in touch.
Regards

So cross our fingers 🤞

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
272 Posts
My main concern would be room and clearance in the 200 UF AWD engine compartment. It is still fairly tight in the older 200/Avenger JS engine compartment also. Comparatively, the Rams and Jeeps have wide open spaces around the longitudinally-mounted Pentastar.
Superchargers are air compressors that make lots of heat. An air charge intercooler and EGR cooler would be worthwhile accessories to keep chance of detonation down and spark advance levels up. A raised and louvered hood would also help with cooling.
I read that the PUG in the Pacifica minivan with variable valve lift and an EGR cooler has 11% more torque between 2000-4000 RPM with 2% more torque at peak output. That would have a better chance of underhood fit and electronics playing nice, than a blower setup. But don't let that end this exciting experiment! :)

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
142 Posts
My main concern would be room and clearance in the 200 UF AWD engine compartment. It is still fairly tight in the older 200/Avenger JS engine compartment also. Comparatively, the Rams and Jeeps have wide open spaces around the longitudinally-mounted Pentastar.
Superchargers are air compressors that make lots of heat. An air charge intercooler and EGR cooler would be worthwhile accessories to keep chance of detonation down and spark advance levels up. A raised and louvered hood would also help with cooling.
I read that the PUG in the Pacifica minivan with variable valve lift and an EGR cooler has 11% more torque between 2000-4000 RPM with 2% more torque at peak output. That would have a better chance of underhood fit and electronics playing nice, than a blower setup. But don't let that end this exciting experiment! :)
The gen 2 replaces the lower intake with an intercooler. At the highest point of the blower ,measured from the intake flange on the head is 9.3 inches .

From the intake port flame to the hood is 10.1 inches.

It will be tight , but it should clear .

We also have the belt pass thru figured out for the mount .

·
Registered
396 Posts
Its def because of its platform. (FWD/AWD w/ transverse engine) But like you said you can get one for another platform (Charger/Jeep etc..) I think it comes down too $. Im sure a speed shop / Fabricator could make it happen. I think The $ and labor wouldnt be worth it. You can get respectable power for what youll use this car for the way it is.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts