Chrysler 200 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2016 200 Limited
8 Posts
We are going to have to fabricate a mount.

Stock upper with the third bolt hole removed.

That bolted to a steel plate .

The steel plate will have round steel stock welded to it , with bolts passing through, bolting to the engine.

The wait now is on sprintex.
Do you have a picture of the setup? I'm having a hard time imagining what that looks like.

· Registered
2016 200 Limited
8 Posts
A question for anyone who can answer. Would it be possible to fit a supercharger off of a 2015 Audi S4 onto a 200? The 200 has a 3.6L V6 and the Audi has a 3.0L V6, I wouldn't think that should be much of a problem but I could be wrong. I'm guessing we'd still have to do something for the belt though.

· Registered
2015 200s 3.6 AWD
184 Posts
Best to read the thread from the beginning. I doubt anyone has put together a workable or reliable supercharger setup on the 2015 -2017 second gen 200's.
Why ?
More power the that trans and other components just isn't advisable.
Please don't take this wrong but, it's comments like these that deter people from innovating. I'm not sure where you heard any of the engine/transmission info, but from a factual standpoint there isn't any basis of fact.

NOBODY has broken this trans from too much power.

This trans is found in vehicles that are half a ton heavier and make more.power and torque than our engines.

The internals are verified up to 475 rear wheel horsepower. Around 525 SAE horsepower.

This trans is rated higher than the 845re found in the charger/challenger/300 and those transmissions can double the rated torque and live.

I am worried about my PTO and RDM since they fail on the Cherokees all the time.

· Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Please don't take this wrong but, it's comments like these that deter people from innovating. I'm not sure where you heard any of the engine/transmission info, but from a factual standpoint there isn't any basis of fact.

NOBODY has broken this trans from too much power.

This trans is found in vehicles that are half a ton heavier and make more.power and torque than our engines.

The internals are verified up to 475 rear wheel horsepower. Around 525 SAE horsepower.

This trans is rated higher than the 845re found in the charger/challenger/300 and those transmissions can double the rated torque and live.

I am worried about my PTO and RDM since they fail on the Cherokees all the time.
Innovation or a poor decision ?
First off, nobody has posted a verified version of a supercharged second gen 200.
Could the drive-train handle an additional hundred plus horsepower ?
I doubt it.
Then ask yourself if this advisable for someone who may still need to use this vehicle on a daily basis.
If you want performance, buy a vehicle more suited to performance, not a family hauler designed for grocery shopping.
Then you said this:
"This trans is found in vehicles that are half a ton heavier and make more.power and torque than our engines."
Nope, not the same transmission or internals.
More on the ZF 9 speed here: ZF 9-Speed Automatic Transmission for Chrysler cars...

· Registered
2015 200s 3.6 AWD
184 Posts
First off, nobody has posted a verified version of a supercharged second gen 200.
I doubt it.
Then ask yourself if this advisable for someone who may still need to use this vehicle on a daily basis.
If you want performance, buy a vehicle more suited to performance, not a family hauler designed for grocery shopping.
Then you said this:
"This trans is found in vehicles that are half a ton heavier and make more.power and torque than our engines."
More on the ZF 9 speed here: ZF 9-Speed Automatic Transmission for Chrysler cars...
As a moderator you shouldn't report your opinion as fact. And you definitely shouldn't be telling people to get another car if they want to modify something.
I use my car on a daily basis and plan on supercharging it as soon as sprintex releases the Gen 2 supercharger.

The SAME 9hp48 that is built on the SAME assembly line using the SAME internal components is found in the half ton heavier Ram Pro master, Honda pilot, and the Range Rover Evoque. They are all rated at 480 Newton meters of input torque. Around 350 lb-ft. A supercharged Pentastar makes around 350 lb ft, well within the 20% engineering limits.

The new Evoque has the 9hp50 in it, but I don't know the specs yet.

· Registered
2015 200s 3.6 AWD
184 Posts
I doubt it.
Then you said this:
The 2.4 second gen gets the Chrysler built 948te the 3.6s get the ZF built 9HP48. Here's a picture of the tag on my transmission.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
As a moderator you shouldn't report your opinion as fact. And you definitely shouldn't be telling people to get another car if they want to modify something.
I use my car on a daily basis and plan on supercharging it as soon as sprintex releases the Gen 2 supercharger.
It is a fact that modifying a vehicle meant only as a family car will lead to unexpected consequences with the breakage of parts that weren't meant to handle high horsepower or the grueling effects of heavy handed use.
The Chrysler 200 was designed as a family car, not a performance car.
The SAME 9hp48 that is built on the SAME assembly line using the SAME internal components is found in the half ton heavier Ram Pro master, Honda pilot, and the Range Rover Evoque. They are all rated at 480 Newton meters of input torque. Around 350 lb-ft. A supercharged Pentastar makes around 350 lb ft, well within the 20% engineering limits.

The new Evoque has the 9hp50 in it, but I don't know the specs yet.
Doesn't matter that it "might" handle the expected increase in torque or horsepower, it wasn't designed for that purpose.
My initial reply was meant to advise someone, that may have to depend on their vehicle, that while increasing performance also comes with high costs, the possibility of breakage and other issues.
You have your opinion and I have mine. Never said anything about factual.
What is a fact is performance costs money, which leads to other unexpected issues that generally cost more money.
My advise, don't do it.

So the bottom line is this. You, or anyone else, has not done the performance upgrades that you seem to believe is worth the expense and the problems that will go with it.

· Registered
2016 200 Limited
8 Posts
Best to read the thread from the beginning. I doubt anyone has put together a workable or reliable supercharger setup on the 2015 -2017 second-gen 200's.
Why ?
More power the that trans and other components just isn't advisable.
If you had read the thread from the top like you suggested you would've seen that somebody has put a supercharger on their second-gun 200 ;)

· Registered
2015 200s 3.6 AWD
184 Posts
Yes I have, I'm not ready to reveal...... but north of 400 wheel horsepower is the norm at the high end.

There are several manufacturers of V6 Charger and Challenger turbo/superchargers from Tidal, Ripp to Sprintex.

All it takes is time and money.. any manufacturer would be willing to work with you.

Now to see if the 9 speed transmission can keep up.
Anything? Any update ?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts