Chrysler 200 Forum banner

302mm Rear Disc Conversion

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Luca Brasi 
#1 ·
****First off. I was misinformed about the car having the same discs as the Sebring 3.5L! It doesn't so I want them****

I ordered my second pair of rotors for my car and noticed this time that the rear rotors were way larger than the stock and aftermarkets ones I had on there. I talked to the Chrysler mechanic and he told me that the car was supposed to come with it but due to cost cutting they went with the smaller ones...idk sounds reasonable. He also said that the car would brake more evenly with the larger brakes. Anyway I want to know if anyone knows about this? The Sebring 3.5L came with 302mm rear discs and the mechanic told me that the conversion should be simple. From what I can tell all that needs to be done is replace the factory disc shield and get the caliper adapter(also holds the pads) and that should be it. Any input would be great. I'll be hitting junk yards Monday.

Here is a pic of the new front ones.
****Was against getting drilled again but they had a lifetime warranty so...****

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

See less See more
Reactions: stargazer7467
#3 ·
According to what I have catalogued if your 200 oem rear brake pad number crosses into in the aftermarket number D868 you have the larger 302mm brakes. If it crosses to a D1037 you have the smaller brakes. The conversion does look simple. I have looked up the different calipers for both the 262mm and 302mm rotors and the larger brakes have a different and taller bracket for the caliper. I have not speced them but the bolt position looks to be the same. I have only found one listing for the brake hoses which could mean they are the same for both calipers??
Also, if you are on the fence about how your car stops or handles during hard braking I strongly suggest better tires and or an upgrade to what you have for oem brake pads before doing a swap that may involve more than you expected. Spindles or uprights may need to be changed along with other parts. I have done brake upgrades to different parts and they can go easy or not.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks REDS200 for the info. Just left the dealer, again, with some more info and hitting the junk yard now. I'll let you all know how it goes in a couple of days. So far everyone I have talked to claims its only a dust shield and new caliper braket and thats it. I will see I guess. Also I already upgraded the pads to agressive street ceramic but the back is still stock pads until the conversion is complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.