Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a dvd in the mail on Saturday to upgrade my 430 radio for my 2012 200. I followed the directions exactly and after it finishes you are to put in a security code of 0000. When it is finished it keeps going in a loop and starts over again but has the new version listed but never asks me for the security code. I went in the radio settings and it has the new version listed, am I to assume everything loaded fine? I called the 800 number for uconnect and the women told me I need to take my car to the dealer and have them install it she gave me 2 TSB #'s TSB 0805712 and TSB 0801112. How can I look up these TSB's and has anyone had any issues with installing the update for the 430 or 430N radios?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is that the one with the different NAV graphics? http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/update-for-rhb-and-rbz-released-48704.html
I installed that one but removed the Garmin folder so it left the graphics alone except for the Nav icon in the corner of the radio screen. Mine asked for a security code but I just shut the key off and came back later and it was working fine. I guess since the radio is original (not swapped from another car) the car recognized it when I started it. Mine was losing the custom background picture occasionally so I figured this update might fix it. Too early to tell but I liked the old colorful Nav icon better.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I got the disk today for my RBZ and had the same issue, dealer asked me if I could bring it by tomorrow, told them I couldn't and they said it would be ok until I could bring it in. Going to call them back to see if Saturday is open.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
The update runs regardless of what version you have on the unit. Once you put in the DVD, the radio reads the DVD and goes "wait a second, there's software on this!" and starts to run the update procedure. After everything is installed and the unit restarts, again it finds a DVD in the drive, "wait a second, there's software on this!"

Unfortunately, for some reason, it doesn't seem to be capable of going, "oh I already installed this" and it goes through the procedure again pointlessly.

If it gives the updated version in the settings of the unit, then it's updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
stargazer7467
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing