Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my 2015 200 to the ra4 navigation radio and everything switched over fine except the volume control. All i get is sound from the back speakers and i can't turn it down or up from either the steering wheel, head unit or knob, i can only mute it. I tried a hard reset and that seemed to fix the issue until i went to drive it again and the same issue was back. Any suggestions?? Already talked to dealer and i can't come in until next week & i hate waiting lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered the OBDLink MX+ scan tool this morning, should be here tomorrow. I don't know if the proxy alignment can be done through the alfaobd demo version or if I'll need to pay for the full app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Demo will work if you finish it in the time limit- not certain but I think it is 10 minutes. App is easily worth the price and developer provides great support

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just upgraded my 2015 200 to the ra4 navigation radio and everything switched over fine except the volume control. All i get is sound from the back speakers and i can't turn it down or up from either the steering wheel, head unit or knob, i can only mute it. I tried a hard reset and that seemed to fix the issue until i went to drive it again and the same issue was back. Any suggestions?? Already talked to dealer and i can't come in until next week & i hate waiting lol
Did you do it yourself or you had it done professionally? Dealer told me it was impossible To do that upgrade

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you do it yourself or you had it done professionally? Dealer told me it was impossible To do that upgrade
It's definitely possible. The hardest part to me was deciding to try and perform the proxy alignment myself rather than taking into the dealer & trimming the bezel to fit the bigger screen. As for actually swapping out the radio it was pretty quick and simple

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's definitely possible. The hardest part to me was deciding to try and perform the proxy alignment myself rather than taking into the dealer & trimming the bezel to fit the bigger screen. As for actually swapping out the radio it was pretty quick and simple
I found a bezel super cheap on ebay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Patience is key to finding bezel cheaper as companies like infotainment tend to snap up the best priced radios and bezels and resale as "refurbished" at a ridiculous markup

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same problem. I took it to three different dealers to get a ProxiAlignment done and it didn’t work at all. The dealer told me that it just wasn’t going to work out. Something to do with some codes or whatever. But you never know. I’d try to get a proxi alignment to see if that helps. And I’d recommend a Chrysler dealer to do it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The 911 cable is just a 10k Ohm resistor. Can buy a 30 cent resistor and a Fakra D connector to make your own. The volume control issue should 100% clear up after the proxy align. If your odometer is blinking that should go away too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts