Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The screen is due to not having the correct mirror/antenna for the onstar (I think)

i did the 5.0 to 8.4 conversion and did not install onstar. The message pops up because the radio is looking for the antenna.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fix is to fake the radio out so thinking the antenna is installed. The pigtail I make just plugs into the back using the factory plug.

Very simple install no cuts no worries

·
Registered
113 Posts
Message isn't because of the mirror, I have the 911 mirror and still get the message. I also have a 3G antenna installed. It seems more likely that it's related to Uconnect. The pigtails sold online just fool the radio, I haven't had a good chance to figure out exactly why.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is not related to the UConnect software. The pigtail does exactly that, it fools the radio in thinking the antenna is hooked up and working. I have not had the message pop up at all since I installed mine behind my radio.

Lilschmied, is your mirror working? Does the 911 button and other mirror features work on yours? It seems odd if you are getting this message and your mirror is working.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It is not related to the UConnect software. The pigtail does exactly that, it fools the radio in thinking the antenna is hooked up and working. I have not had the message pop up at all since I installed mine behind my radio.

Lilschmied, is your mirror working? Does the 911 button and other mirror features work on yours? It seems odd if you are getting this message and your mirror is working.
Yes, my mirror works. If I hit assist, it calls Uconnect. The light is always red and I occasionally get the error. I'm thinking maybe the sharkfin has a 10k resistor as a test circuit.

·
Super Moderator
2,513 Posts
Original poster last seen in 2016.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.