Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at about 95,000 miles on my 2015 200s I’ve had no problems from the car is there anything I need to have done to further the good running of the car like new plugs should I get new wires and or anything else I need to check I appreciate the input thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,980 Posts
You should be replacing spark plugs at this point.
The air filter and cabin filter needs replacement also.
A complete inspection of the suspension and undercarriage is in order, along with a brake inspection.

You didn't say what engine you have ? Either engine requires new spark plugs at @100K.

2015 Chrysler 200 owner manual: https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/servicemanuals/chrysler/2015-200.pdf

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
559 Posts
See the 'Scheduled Maintenance' section in the owners manual in the above link.
No plug wires, but the individual rubber coil boots can be replaced if damaged or arcing.
There is no scheduled drivetrain fluid change interval, but if it brings peace-of-mind, you might want to consider it. Use only the specified fluids.
Control module software updates are non-invasive and the newer flash versions (if they have not already been done yet) can vastly improve the driving experience.
I think that all 'S' models are the 3.6L.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m at about 95,000 miles on my 2015 200s I’ve had no problems from the car is there anything I need to have done to further the good running of the car like new plugs should I get new wires and or anything else I need to check I appreciate the input thanks
My car has the 2.4multi Air

·
Registered
1 Posts
See the 'Scheduled Maintenance' section in the owners manual in the above link.
No plug wires, but the individual rubber coil boots can be replaced if damaged or arcing.
There is no scheduled drivetrain fluid change interval, but if it brings peace-of-mind, you might want to consider it. Use only the specified fluids.
Control module software updates are non-invasive and the newer flash versions (if they have not already been done yet) can vastly improve the driving experience.
I think that all 'S' models are the 3.6L.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,612 Posts
I stand corrected.
A whilke ago I thought Ken had a Limited since I knew he had the 2.4 from reading his posts. I guess the one way besides the AWD decal (guaranteed V6 unless someone is playing with decals) you can tell if it's a V6 or 4cyl is the grill.

Turns out you can get a Limited with a V6 as well.

I have always found Mopar's model optons to be strange. Take my son's 2000 Dodge Neon - currently the best running vehicle at our house - he has an ES model. It came with 4 wheel disk brakes, the white face gauges with the sporty trim on the inside, ABS, power mirors, locks and windows etc... but no sunroof and it had 15" wheels with wheel covers (swapped out a few years ago with OEM Dodge Neon 5 spoke wheels).

Front windows are power, rear windows are crank... I am not creative enough to make that up. LOL

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just hit 98k its been in the shop for over a week, the drives driveshaft went bad, out of spec anyway, definitely get it checked, also rt front axle, according to my mechanic the awd 2015 200s is known for this, luckily I bought the 7yr 100k warranty when I bought the car new in 2015, I've had a couple issues over the yrs but that warranty has paid for itself at least twice over, good luck, make sure they check the u joints

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
559 Posts
What were the symptoms of your driveshaft going bad? A low-speed shake or wobble?

·
Registered
819 Posts
You can see here what maintenance is required at 100k. Copied from the 200 owners manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts