Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In anticipation of hitting 100K miles by Tuesday, I went to the dealer to speak with the techs in person - I have found calling is an annoying waste of time. I wanted to verify the information in the manual, just in case there was anything new etc...

I was told the transmission has no service interval. No fluid change needed. One quart of trans fluid is ~$40 anyway so that's a good thing it doesn't need it. No issues with the transmission anyway.

The only thing on the list is to check the suspension, change the cabin filter, coolant flush (already done) and replace the spark plugs. I have the cabin filter on order, my spark plugs will be on the way shortly as well. My oil I changed recently ~500 miles ago so that won't need to be done at 100K.

While I am in there I am going to replace the lower intake manifold with the better flowing OEM PUG intake in this thread: https://www.200forums.com/forum/58-2015-2016-chrysler-200-uf-engine-technical-discussion/64052-higher-flowing-lower-intake.html

·
Registered
805 Posts
Interested in how your plugs look at 100K.

I'm nowhere close to that, but also considering changing them anyway and doing new coils and the PUG lower intake as well.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Getting close to hitting 115k miles, should be there by end of next week. Anyone interested, dealership change for the spark plugs on the 3.6 is $400. Am kind of wondering if I should have changed the coils as well. For those of us not interested in peaking out power, is there any benefit for replacing the PUG intake?

I thought the coolant was a 150k mile change? I'll have to look at the owners manual again. But did plan on having that changed in a few months anyhow. Heard many horror stories on waiting to have that changed at last minute.

·
Registered
297 Posts
From what I've read here, the difference w the PUG lower is much larger ports. Good for 10-15 hp on a modded and tuned engine. Less for stock. No other benefit I can see other than a power bump.

And congrats B.K. On 100000mi!

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dang man, you have me beat to 100K by 5k miles, I'm about that far from 95k on my 2012!
Since I have moved - the shortest and typically most congested route to work is 34 miles one way, the tollway is 46 miles one way - I only take that way when I am running behind. I am catching up to the miles on my sons Neon as well - he has 128K miles on his 2000 Neon ES.

Interested in how your plugs look at 100K.
I'll post pictures of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts