Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ALL, was driving to go get me some Starbucks.....BAM!!! my ABS and Traction light came on. turned on and off the car a couple times to see if it would turn off. NO GO on that. Any thoughts, how much you think it would be, etc.....any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine did that at 45 000 km it ended up being a sensor on the rear wheel, Replaced free of charge and it works fine now :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mine did that with just a missing valve cap. Finicky system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a problem with mine as well...they replaced a bad switch on the dash as well as the right front wheel sensor..
Tried checking 3 of the 4 on the car, and had the same results. No continuity when checking resistance and no AC signal generated when spinning wheel. Even though they are a 2 wire device, they may be an active sensor rather than a passive sensor as I noticed the plug had polarity markings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem. The brakes will pulse when I first start the car. Once I drive a hundred feet or so the lights will come on and the brakes will behave fine. Anyone know what this could be? Thank you in advanced.

·
Super Moderator
2,208 Posts
I am having a similar problem. The brakes will pulse when I first start the car. Once I drive a hundred feet or so the lights will come on and the brakes will behave fine. Anyone know what this could be? Thank you in advanced.
Welcome to the forum Albie200 !
You have asked a question in a 3 year old thread. Not sure you'll hear from those folks.
Please take the time to fill out the profile section. We don't know what car or what model you drive.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If the ABS/Traction lights come on, there is usually a fault code stored in the ABS module. Some auto parts stores have free customer-use OBD2 code readers that will also read ABS codes (on most cars).
Snap a photo or write down the code & let us know what you find.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts