Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 200S 4cyl since September and right away noticed the brake pedal seemed a little high in relation to the gas pedal (much higher than my Accord I traded in and higher than the other 4 vehicles we have in my family). I have measured the dispersion between the two pedals to be almost 2.5 inches and it is a pain to have to lift my leg/foot so much just to hit the brakes; everything I have read says there should be about a 1.25 inch difference in cars like this. I have spoken to dealerships and they have said nothing can be done and I called Chrysler customer service and though I was pleased that I was able to speak to a representative quite quickly without any wait time and he was nice and seemed to understand the issue, he was of no help and reiterated that nothing can be done and it is just a design flaw.

I have looked all over the internet and have not been able to find help, although it seems like I am not alone with this issue. Does anyone else on here have this issue and has anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem and its aggravating during long commutes in SoCal traffic. I've gone to two dealerships and they say there is nothing they can do. I'm going to try one more dealership and see if they can do something about it but I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure if someone with enpoughh tech know how wanted to design an adaptor bracket that would lower the brake pedal a bit. it would be possible.. but it will prolly take an aftermarket vendor to design andmarket this type of thing. And in order for that to happen , there would need to be quite a demand for this modification in order to be profitable for the vendor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Since we have fly by wire throttle, it would be easier to raise the throttle than lower the brake. Wouldn't that be easier?
The problem is we do not have brake/throttle disable on these cars. Having the brake and throttle very close together leads to both being applied together. The V6 can override the poor brakes.
I have fat feet and have had this happen. It is not pleasant!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed this same issue when I picked up my 200S AWD 3.6 this week. I test drove a 200S FWD, but didn't notice the brake lever being that high. I would love to lower the brake lever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you call chrysler customer service and tell them about the issue. They actually are pretty good over the phone and you get to speak to an American within 30 seconds of dialing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been driving long enough and I have never had an issue hitting the gas when I hit the brakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's painful, I noticed it right away within minutes of driving, the brake pedal is definitely abnormally higher than the gas pedal, making the pedal adjustment feature completely useless because they both adjust at the same time. I have been test driving cars for the past 2 months so I knew there was something off about them, it's a shame because it's a great car, a possible fix would be to lower the gas pedal all the way down and duck tape a piece of wood or something on the gas pedal to raise it and level them out a bit? it would be great if the pedals could be adjusted individually but Unfortunately that's not the case

1 - 10 of 10 Posts