Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I Installed an OEM remote start in my 2015 200.
I installed new hood latch and ran the new cable in bcm. Drove the car around no issues.
Came home and took the rear deck lid off and replaced rf module and added antenna for remote start.

I opened up alfa OBD and went in to the rf module and programmed key fobs.
Both fobs will lock and unlock doors now.
They both function as they should in terms of the remote access.
My issue is when I go in to proxy align the bcm, the car does not recognize the fobs as being present. It will not allow the car to start. I have tried everthing I can think of.
I also tried the remote start button. It locks doors and enable the remote start, but won't physically start the car or turn on the dash.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,227 Posts
When I installed R.S. on the wife's 2011 Liberty. I had to add the sales code and then reset the modules (toggle off, then on) with the scan tool to get it to recognize that it now had the option.

Which radio? When Built? See attached:

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Software

Rectangle Handwriting Font Magenta Smile

Attachments

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I installed R.S. on the wife's 2011 Liberty. I had to add the sales code and then reset the modules (toggle off, then on) with the scan tool to get it to recognize that it now had the option.

Which radio? When Built? See attached:

View attachment 58552

View attachment 58553
My issue is I cannot turn the car on to run or acc. It cannot connect to several modules to proxy align. The fobs are programmed for the rf, just not the car I guess?
I cannot locate the restore bcm configuration in alfaobd.
My assumption is after several attempts, the car needs to "turn on" to run or acc to connect to these modules.

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
I would think that any instructions that critical would be printed in the Mopar R.S. installation sheet.
I also believe that the 4-digit secret ID code is the same for the fob button commands as it is for the key ID transducer.
Any messages in EVIC? Is the red security dot in the cluster illuminated?

A discussion:

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

Font Pattern Number Monochrome Parallel

Art Font Pattern Close-up Monochrome

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think that any instructions that critical would be printed in the Mopar R.S. installation sheet.
I also believe that the 4-digit secret ID code is the same for the fob button commands as it is for the key ID transducer.
Any messages in EVIC? Is the red security dot in the cluster illuminated?

A discussion:

View attachment 58554
View attachment 58555
View attachment 58556
Ok, my issue is that alfaobd does not offer a reset/replace feature for the 200.
I tried using my autel to reset it, but that doesn't have a replace option to program the new rf. I then switched back to alfa. I was able to proxy configure, but still it won't learn.
I have come to the conclusion that without having that "learn" option I cannot get the car to recognize the new rf amd therefor keys. It's just really odd the doors lock/unlock and it sends the rs signal to the ignition.
The ignition literally thinks the fobs are missing.
No security light flashing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
As awd_2_200 noted there is a very specific procedure for replacing the rf-hub that requires a 4-digit PIN that seems only to be available from a dealer. Please refer to the attached installation procedure that would be included in an OEM kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The codes that show
As awd_2_200 noted there is a very specific procedure for replacing the rf-hub that requires a 4-digit PIN that seems only to be available from a dealer. Please refer to the attached installation procedure that would be included in an OEM kit.
That is exactly what I have. I lack the ability to reset/relearn in alfaobd. If I had that, I believe none of this would be an issue.

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
I have only used the WiTech2 at work. There are members here that are more familiar with the Alfa-OBD tool. I have considered getting one for myself.
I can see for security reasons that they would limit the Alfa-OBD capabilities to reduce car theft issues.
Perhaps this is a dealer-only service? They should be able to accomodate this you the 'diagnostic fee/minimum charge' if it is just a matter of validating the Fobiks.
You can start and drive the car OK otherwise?

·
Registered
212 Posts
From my reading of the installation procedure, adding this feature appears to be dealer-only. That the sales code is first added to the vehicle options in the dealer database and this information is then restored/downloaded into the BCM (The bolded CAUTION note at the top of page 2) and needing a temporary 4-digit PIN from the dealer to perform the RF-HUB replace leads me to my conclusion. It is specifically noted the WiTech tool needs to be connected to the internet and to dealerconnect.

Not certain of your next steps but believe it will involve a dealer.

Good luck,

·
Registered
27 Posts
So today I Installed an OEM remote start in my 2015 200.
I installed new hood latch and ran the new cable in bcm. Drove the car around no issues.
Came home and took the rear deck lid off and replaced rf module and added antenna for remote start.

I opened up alfa OBD and went in to the rf module and programmed key fobs.
Both fobs will lock and unlock doors now.
They both function as they should in terms of the remote access.
My issue is when I go in to proxy align the bcm, the car does not recognize the fobs as being present. It will not allow the car to start. I have tried everthing I can think of.
I also tried the remote start button. It locks doors and enable the remote start, but won't physically start the car or turn on the dash.
Hi dear
Sorry for update old thread
Alfaobd can learn keyfob without RUN mode ?
If you solve the problem, please write here. I wanna to install remote start and think about this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts