Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to find the factory alignment specifications for my 2014 Chrysler 200 3.6L.
i just had an alignment done and the car doesn't handle as good as it did before i did work on the suspension.
i added the print out from the shop. (by the way they could not even get the steering wheel straight.)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Is there any looseness or pull/drift? Any change in ride height?

Human body Font Parallel Elbow Line art

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
112 Posts
What work was done on the suspension?

Centering the steering wheel is a rather simple task, one tie rod rotated shorter and the other tie rod rotated longer.

The rear toe is out of spec. Moog makes an adjustable rear tie rod that would help get you in spec, +/- 1.5 degrees

I would suggest trying another shop for the alignment as a comparison.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,512 Posts
If there is a pull left or right, it will be difficult to center the steering wheel.
As it sits stationary on the alignment rack in the shop, you don't have to compensate for the pull.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When i hit bumps it feels like a side to side motion. No change in ride height, new struts with old springs, ball joints, tie rods, control arms, bushings, wheel bearings, brakes.
Should be good for another 200k, once i get a proper alignment.
Thanks for the factory specs, this proves that i did not get what i payed for. I wont be going back there, all they did was adjust the toe on the front, i cant tolerate incompetence on something i payed for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What work was done on the suspension?

Centering the steering wheel is a rather simple task, one tie rod rotated shorter and the other tie rod rotated longer.

The rear toe is out of spec. Moog makes an adjustable rear tie rod that would help get you in spec, +/- 1.5 degrees

I would suggest trying another shop for the alignment as a comparison.
Basically everything is new.
I centered the wheel before i took it to them.
The holes are slotted, it is adjustable from the factory.
thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts