Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The radio in my 2012 Chrysler 200 will only pick up Sirus radio. The AM/FM you only hear static. It just started doing that one day. Anyone have any suggestions on what it is? The radio COMES ON so it wouldn't be a relay issue right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The radio in my 2012 Chrysler 200 will only pick up Sirus radio. The AM/FM you only hear static. It just started doing that one day. Anyone have any suggestions on what it is?
Could be an antenna issue or electromagnetic interference. I have the same year 200 and I’ve had the same issue in the past. Thankfully it resolved itself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How do I do that?
Run by your local auto or electronics store. Get a cheap little relay tester, wouldn’t be more than $20. Find the code for the designated relay, I believe it’s either labeled electronics or Radio in your manual. Plug the clips on the tester into your battery and fire away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry. But no where in my Manuel does it show/tell me which relay goes to what. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
272 Posts
Do you know which radio you have? There may be small white letters in the lower right-hand corner of the faceplate to tell the sales code (examples): RHR, RBZ, RHB, RHW, RHP, etc.
Some antennas were part of the rear glass defogger grid and had an amplifier between the grid and the radio to boost the signal.
FM still may work with a compromised antenna when tuned to a strong local station. AM probably wouldn't work at all.
Chrysler did release bulletins for known problems. Here is TSB # 08-024-14:
  • Radio mute issue in tuner mode.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
272 Posts
I see no service bulletins for the RES. It was pretty much a simple, entry-level radio. I suspect that the problem is internal.
The cost of having it pulled and diagnosed would probably match or exceed the cost of a good used one, even with shipping.
I would find a good used unit from eBay or some such marketplace. They are fairly common.
Working on the Chrysler RES stereos

1 - 12 of 12 Posts