Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked high and low, and cannot find it. Where's this little bugger hiding at y'all? Mine is a 2011 S model.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Top center of overhead console. Looks like a spy cam or mic that government would be spying on you from. Small about the size of half a dime.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't that one only for the cabin auto air stuff? This is the one which shows the outside temps. Chrysler part # 05149264AB. I am popping a check engine light, P0073

·
Registered
98 Posts
3.6l or 2.4l?

·
Registered
98 Posts
On the 2.4l and 3.6L the AAT removal instructions:
  1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Raise and support the vehicle.
  3. Remove the front fascia lower close out panel from the vehicle.
  4. Reach up between the lower edge of the front fascia and the front of the a/c condenser near the right end of the lower air intake opening to access the ambient temperature sensor (3) just below the front bumper (1).
  5. Disengage the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) lock of the wire harness connector (2) for the sensor and depress the connector latch tab.
  6. Pull the sensor straight out of the connector.

Reactions: -RUNNR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was afraid it was hiding up in there. Thanks for the info Capecodmopar. One more question, where did you get that from? Now that my warranty is out, I need that. :)

(my local dealership wanted $800 to replace my $244 alternator...)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I work in the service department at a Chrysler dealership... Chrysler's system "TECHconnect" for the info.

Reactions: -RUNNR

·
Registered
562 Posts
Do you know whether that manual includes any service info for the convertible top hardware? I have a 2012 convertible and I've held off buying the service CD until I could get an answer about this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update, my sensor was fine... however a mouse apparently decided that the wires were tasty. Sadly, I cannot splice it since it was right next to the socket where is was completely chewed off. Now, it's time to find the socket... *sigh*

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just an update, my sensor was fine... however a mouse apparently decided that the wires were tasty. Sadly, I cannot splice it since it was right next to the socket where is was completely chewed off. Now, it's time to find the socket... *sigh*
I hope that darn mouse got indigestion!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I know this is old but here is my situation. My grandaughter has a 2014 Chrysler 200 2.4 liter it has a p0073 ambient air temp input high. This 200 has been wrecked on the right front corner to the center. I suspect the sensor was destroyed. But I can’t find a clue of where it was or where it is supposed to be. I have looked in front of the condenser at bumper level can some body give me the wire color codes so I can trace this out. Or a picture of where it should be. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
427 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The wire colors should be Vt/LGn and Vt/DBu.
  1. Remove the front fascia lower close out panel from the vehicle. (Refer to 13 - Frame and Bumpers/Bumpers/FASCIA, Front Lower - Removal) .
  2. Reach up between the lower edge of the front fascia and the front of the a/c condenser near the right end of the lower air intake opening to access the ambient temperature sensor just below the front bumper.
  3. Disengage the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) lock of the wire harness connector for the sensor and depress the connector latch tab.
  4. Pull the sensor straight out of the connector.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
427 Posts
Look for the cut or torn wire ends. The collision shop may never have reinstalled the sensor if the sensor and connector was ripped out. Out of sight, out of mind I guess?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. I did finally get a picture of its location. And I did find a pair mangled wires. One violet/light green the other one is violet. I didn’t see a dark blue stripe. But they are together as a pair. They come out of the harness as a pair in the vicinity of the right hand horn. So I am going with that for now. What is really silly is the connector is more then the sensor. I have every thing coming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pigtail soldered an shrink wrapped sensor installed and zip tied to lower air grate. Code reset and hasn’t came back info displays the outside air temp. Now on to other issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts