Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 200C AWD
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ambient control dial on my dash that is supposed to change the brightness level of some non-existent lighting in my 2015 200C. No matter how I adjust it, or how dark it gets, do I see any light in the inside door handles or elsewhere.

• Is there a fuse that could be blown that controls these lights?
  • Where exactly should I be seeing the ambient light? What color is it?
  • Other than the brightness dial, does anything else control the ambient lighting? What I mean is will the car only turn the ambient lighting on when it is dark outside?... or when the headlights are on?... or some other reason? When should these lights be on?
Thanks!

FYI, The manual says, "...overhead console, door handle lights, under I/P lights, door map pocket lights, and cubby bin lights." What is an I/P? Is the overhead console where the sunglasses go into?

·
Registered
2015 200C AWD
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I climbed around the car with a piece of cardboard and looked for the lights... They are there, and they DO light up, but just aren't very bright. The automatic headlights were on when I looked this time... maybe that was the difference?

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
412 Posts
I/P is instrument panel. It is front floor lighting.
They aren't bright, but they do make a difference in interior lighting distrubution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts