Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most cars have a way you can get your power cable out to the battery, and I found it in the 200...at least if you have an automatic transmission.

On the driver side, you will want to look underneath at the firewall. to the left there is a cube shaped of sound deadening material that can be pulled off. this will expose a very large rubber covering for a cutout presumably for a clutch. There are 4 threaded screws here also which is why the cover is so large.

IMG_0964.jpg IMG_0958.jpg

I removed the rubber cover for easy access to send the wire through initially. After I got the wire through, I cut a hole into the cover with a razor blade and passed the wire through it and put the rubber cover back into place.

IMG_0960.jpg

View behind the brake fluid. See the colored wires?? That's your hole. It's way back there, but you can see the bundled wires through the hole.

IMG_0957.jpg

Snake the power wire to your trunk for your amp, and hook up the power wire to the battery. (It is recommended to remove the drivers side wheel and the tire well shroud for easier access to the positive terminal.

the following pictures are of my completed amp, sub and speaker level convertor installed.

Seat Down
IMG_0966.jpg

Trunk view
IMG_0968.jpg IMG_0969.jpg

I just used some double stick for the fuse holder and mounted it on the fuse box in the engine bay.
IMG_0970.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hows them kicker speakers sound?

im fixing to replace my factorys.
They are alright. Anything is better than factory of course. There's better out there. Theycame out of my previous vehicle and I got the on sale last year from crutchfield buy one get one!! If I wanted to really upgrade I would have gotten component speakers instead. It these are just fine for everyday use. :).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah I would also like to know this? is it safe to hook up to the jump cable or go directlly to the batter? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
When connecting to the battery did you need to buy an adapter or were you just able to connect your crimpped connection to the post using the bolt. Kinda hard to tell with the picture. Also, did you remove the wheel for battery access or just turn it to the right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, the terminal I had worked fine and yes I took the wheel off. I like to have plenty of room to work with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see that you have the PAC line out converter, do you have the Preimum system in your car? Did you hook it up to both left and right rear speakers? What is the colour coding for the positive and negitive on the factory speaker wire? Does the PAC require 12v power? Sorry for all the questions but I live in an isolated location so I have to order everything online and if it is wrong it cost alot to return and takes a long time.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most cars have a way you can get your power cable out to the battery, and I found it in the 200...at least if you have an automatic transmission.

On the driver side, you will want to look underneath at the firewall. to the left there is a cube shaped of sound deadening material that can be pulled off. this will expose a very large rubber covering for a cutout presumably for a clutch. There are 4 threaded screws here also which is why the cover is so large.

View attachment 596 View attachment 597

I removed the rubber cover for easy access to send the wire through initially. After I got the wire through, I cut a hole into the cover with a razor blade and passed the wire through it and put the rubber cover back into place.

View attachment 599

View behind the brake fluid. See the colored wires?? That's your hole. It's way back there, but you can see the bundled wires through the hole.

View attachment 598

Snake the power wire to your trunk for your amp, and hook up the power wire to the battery. (It is recommended to remove the drivers side wheel and the tire well shroud for easier access to the positive terminal.

the following pictures are of my completed amp, sub and speaker level convertor installed.

Seat Down
View attachment 601

Trunk view
View attachment 602 View attachment 603

I just used some double stick for the fuse holder and mounted it on the fuse box in the engine bay.
View attachment 604

When you got the power wire though the firewall where did you run it after that. How did you get it from the firewall to the trunk. Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
^ Pull the door sills, and run it down the side. Watch out for sharp obstacles, and use foam+tape around them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts