Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would recommend going to crutchfield.com and putting in your vehicle information. It will then tell you what will fit, what accessories you'll need, and what functions you'll retain. If you use an interface like the iDatalink Maestro you will retain steering wheel controls and most other features, with a few exceptions. iDatalink also makes a nice looking dash kit to accomadtate a new head unit while looking OEM. They also have very good install instructions they provide.

From looking at it I'm doubtful that head unit you linked to would work. Unless it supports something like the Maestro it will not properly talk to the car's electronics and could cause issues since so many car functions and settings are controlled from the head unit on this car. It's going to be more expensive but you're probably going to be better off in the long run going with one of the more established car stereo brands from a dedicated store like Crutchfield.

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200 c
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend going to crutchfield.com and putting in your vehicle information. It will then tell you what will fit, what accessories you'll need, and what functions you'll retain. If you use an interface like the iDatalink Maestro you will retain steering wheel controls and most other features, with a few exceptions. iDatalink also makes a nice looking dash kit to accomadtate a new head unit while looking OEM. They also have very good install instructions they provide.

From looking at it I'm doubtful that head unit you linked to would work. Unless it supports something like the Maestro it will not properly talk to the car's electronics and could cause issues since so many car functions and settings are controlled from the head unit on this car. It's going to be more expensive but you're probably going to be better off in the long run going with one of the more established car stereo brands from a dedicated store like Crutchfield.
Do you know what head units fit with the kits you mentioned?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Go to crutchfield.com and under the Car Audio and Video menu there's an option to find what fits you vehicle. They have multiple units from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer that will work depending on what features you want. One cool feature some have is wireless Carplay, if that's something you're interested in. It will also tell you what accessories you need which at a minimium would be the Maestro device, a dash kit, and a connector for the radio antenna. You'll need additional accessories if you want to retain satellite radio or if the head unit has built in GPS to connect to the car's GPS antenna.

One thing it seems there's no way around is that it will not work with the OEM microphone and you will need to install the one that comes with the head unit somewhere in the car if you want voice command to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts