Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 2015 200s and was wondering before I buy and tear doors all apart, can speakers be installed in the rear doors. Thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah it has speakers in the rear door. I replaced mine
On the lx and limited it only has the 6 speaker setup. The rear door speakers were an option. I was looking to do the same thing. I pulled up the panel and took a peek to find no speaker but it could be put there. The only option would be to add aftermarket head unit/amp and run wires somehow through the door. Or tap into the rear deck speakers and run the wires through the door. Im not sure how the factory head unit would be able to handle the increased workload but its possible... They are 3.5" so essentially only good for mids and highs, a high pass filter might also be recommended. Unless the wiring is already there.. Chad can you possibly remember the wire colors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did it on my 15 right after it came out and bought it. I just dremeled out where it should go and dropped in 3.5" speakers. It still has the mounting tabs so they are easy to install. I wired them along with the rear deck speakers to a 4 channel amp with another amp to power 2 subs that is connected to an audio control line level converter from the 2 original rear speaker outputs.

Had it in there 5 years now and its still going strong, put in some bass blocking crossovers in the 3.5" speakers in the door to keep it from sounding muddy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The door panels themselves are easy to get off, bolts in the handle and then pull hard and undo a few electrical and door handle cable. The wires aren't super easy to get through the rear doors, there is a very small opening on top of a wiring junction, but it is possible. The front doors are near impossible without cutting wires at some point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well it took about 3 hours but its done.. So yes definitely possible but requires some work and cutting to make the hole for the speakers. And the wiring is tricky through the rubber door gasket. I want to replace the front door speakers next. Im hoping its much easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts