Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto A/C Temperature

The outside temp in Massachusetts has been brutal lately with the heat index looking to be in the 100's for the next few days. I have mine on Auto with the temperature turned all the way down to LOW. It's blowing, but the temp isn't really cold. I took it off of auto and the temp went down and there was ice coming out of those vents! Is there any reason for the temperature difference? possibly a blend door not working? Anybody have any thoughts?​

·
Registered
158 Posts
The internal temperature is controlled by an IR (Infra red) sensor. If it is off calibration, that would explain the difference. When you set the dial, it sets a reference voltage. If that fails it would give the same result. The two are dependent on each other. Most probable failure would be the dial setting, as it is a mechanical adjustment of a resistor.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm experiencing the same conditions here in RI. Car and a/c running fine. I usually have mine set 72-74. Today 76. You will get ice on a day like today w it set too lowest setting, even w your window a/c at home. Trying too get too cold with wet, saturated air going thru...turns too ice. Try setting it higher. It will blow just as cold and will taper off when it's near the set temp. It will never get too the lowest setting in this heat, just like at home. A 20 deg temp change w reduced humidity is more than refreshing w this weather. Since sunset, the humidity is horrible. It will b worse in the am until the sun starts burning some off. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts