Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem with the auto high beams on my 2015 200C where it stopped switching to high beams, even on a completely dark road where it did automatically switch before. I checked the settings in Uconnect and the option is still checked and when I push the stalk forward it still says they are enabled but it doesn't turn them on even when it should. Lanesense and the rain sensing wipers work normally so it looks like the camera is still working and the high beams will turn on manually so it's not a problem there either. Has anyone here had a similar issue and what resolved it? I know I'll probably just have to take it in to get this fixed but I wanted to see if there's something simple I'm missing before I go to the trouble of making an appointment at the dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've done this accidentally a couple years ago when I was changing a vehicle configuration with Chrysler Diagnostic Application program.

What happened in my case was the Forward Control Module..... after a vehicle configuration change...didn't recognize that the vehicle had the auto high beam module installed and didn't acknowledge the sensor can bus signal.. and the forward control module (TIPM it's called in some vehicles) didn't turn the high beams off or on...

In your case I'll chance a bet that the auto high beam module isn't getting the can bus signal.. and the only way to repair your problem will be a trip to the dealer. Possibly the AHBM is bad.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The people that have auto high beams, does this really work in real life ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Planefixer, I figured it would need a trip to the dealer. Hopefully it's just a configuration issue so they can fix it quickly without having to order parts.

slope, before it stopped working I thought the auto high beams worked well. If I was using high beams it would always switch to low beams for oncoming traffic or another car ahead of me. It's really nice for dark back roads since I don't even have to think about switching them if I come up on another car, it just handles it for me. I've even used it on the interstate when it was dark and there wasn't a lot of traffic.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have is feature and it works just as expected, however I don't drive down many streets that doesn't have much traffic. When the high beams are on, I'm impressed how well the sensor detects on coming headlights from a distance pretty far away. The system actually changes to low beams much sooner than I would using a manual method.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
sigh.....I should have ordered the upgraded lights.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have is feature and it works just as expected, however I don't drive down many streets that doesn't have much traffic. When the high beams are on, I'm impressed how well the sensor detects on coming headlights from a distance pretty far away. The system actually changes to low beams much sooner than I would using a manual method.
Agree. It works surprisingly well. I have no regrets opting for the Premium Lighting. Same goes for Safety Tec. Both these packages are well engineered for the price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed on the Safety Tec. The adaptive cruise alone was worth the price, with all the other stuff it's a bargain.

·
Registered
465 Posts
After owning a few new FCA vehicles I can say it does work very well... so well in fact I don't use the feature with the SRT's as I usually drive very fast I really switch High/low beams myself at the very last minute as I like to see where I'm going and the factory system is a little too sensitive for aggressive driving in the pitch dark...

However if I'm just driving normally it really relieves driver workload.

The system really is very well designed especially if you use the auto headlight mode you never touch a switch for years...

as far as the Safety Tec system "hands free lane stay feature" I uploaded a new test firmware program to goof around with for my Tranzformer that sends a steering wheel movement command over the Can Bus so that you don't need to touch the steering wheel for driver input... best miles on the highways so far is 32.7 miles without touching the steering wheel.

Currently the way that FCA designed the vehicle is it will say "put your hands on the wheel" if you don't turn the wheel manually after 10 seconds or so in lane hold feature.....

·
Registered
845 Posts
...as far as the Safety Tec system "hands free lane stay feature" I uploaded a new test firmware program to goof around with for my Tranzformer that sends a steering wheel movement command over the Can Bus so that you don't need to touch the steering wheel for driver input... best miles on the highways so far is 32.7 miles without touching the steering wheel.

Currently the way that FCA designed the vehicle is it will say "put your hands on the wheel" if you don't turn the wheel manually after 10 seconds or so in lane hold feature.....
Neat work. I had suspected that the lane departure warning system could be modified to do that. I only wish I had your skills and equipment now since I could use that capability "just in case" because with my right rotator cuff badly messed up I am fairly regularly taking both hands off the wheel to reach over and use the dash controls with my left hand.:(

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well these cars are very close to autonomous self driving vehicles like the Google and Mercedes.. just some software upgrades away.

But I can understand why FCA hasn't completed it yet... you need good painted lines for the vehicle to see so you can't sleep behind the wheel because at anytime the vehicle can loose sight to lines on the road and start wandering out of the lane....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started reading your posts regarding the Auto High Beam issue. I started having auto high beam issues right after the November 2017 push of the uconnect update. Right after the update my auto high beams stopped working. Has anyone since found a solution. I've spoken to uconnect and Chrysler and neither one has any idea of what is causing the problem. This feature worked perfectly prior to the update. It's been a year now and no progress from uconnect or Chrysler. I find it hard to believe that this is such a mystery. I mentioned the module to Chrysler and they didn't have answer for me. I find it odd that they worked fine before the update and a5 minutes after the update completed I took the car out and the auto high beams no longer worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started reading your posts regarding the Auto High Beam issue. I started having auto high beam issues right after the November 2017 push of the uconnect update. Right after the update my auto high beams stopped working. Has anyone since found a solution. I've spoken to uconnect and Chrysler and neither one has any idea of what is causing the problem. This feature worked perfectly prior to the update. It's been a year now and no progress from uconnect or Chrysler. I find it hard to believe that this is such a mystery. I mentioned the module to Chrysler and they didn't have answer for me. I find it odd that they worked fine before the update and a5 minutes after the update completed I took the car out and the auto high beams no longer worked.
My daughter has an 2012 town and country. The high beams don't work in auto mode. turn auto mode off and high beams work. I don't know why as I have a 2017 F150 and my high beams work all the time. One person stated taht sometimes the switch goes bad and will not let you use high beams .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts