Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 200 backup camera, but I'm missing the harness cable. It's the cable that runs from the trunk all the way to the radio head unit.

Does anyone have the part number for that?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hate to bump, but four months later... I'm still searching. Would be nice to know so I can sort out if it's worth the money to pay a dismantler to fish the whole cable out all the way to the dash.

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
Hate to bump, but four months later... I'm still searching. Would be nice to know so I can sort out if it's worth the money to pay a dismantler to fish the whole cable out all the way to the dash.
I see a complete camera kit from Mopar. It seems the kit is inexpensive and contains the harness and camera. Part #82214240.
That cable harness may not be a separately serviced item.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see a complete camera kit from Mopar. It seems the kit is inexpensive and contains the harness and camera. Part #82214240.
That cable harness may not be a separately serviced item.
It's possible, but since it's an accessory part, usually service departments can order the harness separately. Really I need a dealer's parts department to confirm... was hoping someone with the Mopar tools could access and find out.

The camera is dirt cheap today thanks to 500,000 units sold, you can get one for $85. But the harness wraps from the trunk all the way to the dash. I can't see not paying at least $100 in teardown for a wrecker to pull that out of a front-end-crashed 200.

Just trying to stock up all the parts so later this year I can do the camera, the instrument cluster (7-inch) and try to deploy Uconnect 4 from the Cherokee all at the same time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So close... yet so far!

Below is the highest resolution image yet of the cable. Alas, the Mopar tag is covered. Usually, the specific part number of a harness/cable is affixed to that tag.

And before you ask... this is from the accessory kit.

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
So close... yet so far!

Below is the highest resolution image yet of the cable. Alas, the Mopar tag is covered. Usually, the specific part number of a harness/cable is affixed to that tag.

And before you ask... this is from the accessory kit.

Have you called your local Chrysler parts department and asked if that part is a serviceable item ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
In an earlier post someone quoted the wrong part number for the camera kit. They quoted the number for the pick up truck.

The 2015 - 2016 Chrysler 200 camera kit P/N is 82214247AB.

If you need them, 2015-2016 Chrysler 200 Back up Camera Installation Instructions

Sorry, I can't find an individual P/N for the harness.

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
In an earlier post someone quoted the wrong part number for the camera kit. They quoted the number for the pick up truck.

The 2015 - 2016 Chrysler 200 camera kit P/N is 82214247AB.

If you need them, 2015-2016 Chrysler 200 Back up Camera Installation Instructions

Sorry, I can't find an individual P/N for the harness.
The number I posted earlier shows as fitting. It's possible the number you posted is a new, and superseded part number. Hence the "AB" added on the end of the part.
I checked several on-line retailers for Dodge / Chrysler and Mopar parts. All say the part number I posted fits 2015 Chrysler 200 models. Along with Ram trucks.
Of course it is always best to check before ordering, either from a direct Chrysler supplier, or other source.
Here is just one: http://www.stevewhiteparts.com/chry.../?part_name=camera-back-up-camera-kit-back-up

·
Registered
82 Posts
Still working on getting this part #. At dealer now. Will get back to you guys as soon as we figure this out. Fingers crossed! If any of you got any other information it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I couldn't find one either. I recently bought my 200 and it didn't have the back up camera. I first upgraded my screen from 5" to 8.4" and got an OEM camera from eBay for like $100 thinking I can find the wiring harness some how, but I couldn't.

So I made my own wiring harness with a wire set I ordered from eBay. It wasn't too easy but It works. I used the installation instructions mentioned here previously for reference.

The only thing I have to figure out is why my active guide lines not working. I will have to check if its a wiring problem or maybe because I didn't activate rear cam trough dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I couldn't find one either. I recently bought my 200 and it didn't have the back up camera. I first upgraded my screen from 5" to 8.4" and got an OEM camera from eBay for like $100 thinking I can find the wiring harness some how, but I couldn't.

So I made my own wiring harness with a wire set I ordered from eBay. It wasn't too easy but It works. I used the installation instructions mentioned here previously for reference.

The only thing I have to figure out is why my active guide lines not working. I will have to check if its a wiring problem or maybe because I didn't activate rear cam trough dealer.
Could be its not activated or did you tap into the BCM? i know on the ram trucks you need to tap some wires into that to get them to be active.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could be its not activated or did you tap into the BCM? i know on the ram trucks you need to tap some wires into that to get them to be active.
It could be. I followed the instructions on the pdf that was posted earlier on the thread so I am guessing BCM part is done unless it wasn't on the instructions. Also I haven't got my Proxi Configuration Alignment after upgrading my radio so that might also be the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still working on getting this part #. At dealer now. Will get back to you guys as soon as we figure this out. Fingers crossed! If any of you got any other information it would be greatly appreciated.
Did u every get on fire just the harness

1 - 14 of 14 Posts