Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have a 2015 200s that originally came with the 5" uconnect touchscreen

recently purchased the RA3 screen and bezel, and plan on installing this soon.. but I was wondering if I can get the factory backup camera as well and install it

I have installed remote starters and car audio for over 15 years...so I have no problem with re-pinning harnesses or the like

searching the forum it seems that you may need to add some wiring to the harness, but has anyone figured this out?

thank you in advance for any assistance

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I recently did it. I had upgraded to RA3. After installing it I noticed it was switching to blue screen on reverse, so I figured I should throw in a backup camera since it was activated already on the radio. I was lucky that the old radio came with the connector still attached to it so I extracted some pins from it to make my own wiring harness since I couldn't find one online.

There should be instructions on how to install backup camera some where in previous posts so you can look at it as a reference.

Only thing that is not working is the active guide lines. I have to re-check the wiring or it might be due to fact that I haven't gone to the dealers to get my proxy configuration alignment after I upgraded the radio yet. I am also wondering if my camera will stop working after the alignment since I never got it activated trough the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased my 2012 200 and want to add Bluetooth and back up camera only have standard radio cd live in Columbia tn who should I have do the work ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I recently did it. I had upgraded to RA3. After installing it I noticed it was switching to blue screen on reverse, so I figured I should throw in a backup camera since it was activated already on the radio. I was lucky that the old radio came with the connector still attached to it so I extracted some pins from it to make my own wiring harness since I couldn't find one online.

There should be instructions on how to install backup camera some where in previous posts so you can look at it as a reference.

Only thing that is not working is the active guide lines. I have to re-check the wiring or it might be due to fact that I haven't gone to the dealers to get my proxy configuration alignment after I upgraded the radio yet. I am also wondering if my camera will stop working after the alignment since I never got it activated trough the dealer.
May i ask how exactly did you wire the last wire the pk green, i took the harness out of the car where i took the camera from i have one wire left it says on the wiring diagram it goes to run relay control ? Any help would be appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts