Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 sport. 125,000 miles. Regular oil changes and maintenance. It started having a vibration and a check engine light came on with code for thermostat sensor. I took it to shop it needed new thermostat sensor and had a bad motor mount. They put thermostat in and we replaced the one motor mount. Still had vibration. Put new spark plugs, coils and injector cleaner in it. I then read you should replace all motor mounts so we replaced all 3 motor mounts. The vibration was still there even worse now I don’t know if it’s the mounts, there were not OEM but name brand. Rubber Seemed good couldn’t move them much by hand like others that was worn out. When you start it now it has a bit of a jerk and can feel in the wheel. When you put in drive or reverse it’s a bad vibration. You can feel it in the cabin. Jacked it up nothings vibrating underneath at all. Soon as you give it gas it smooths out. Runs great. Shifts great. No codes or light on car now. Can anyone please help with this vibration it’s driving me crazy!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There are a couple of TSBs that may help the idle roughness situation. If they haven't had the updates, it would be a good place to begin:

PCM:
TCM:

Notice with the PCM flash, they address a P0116 and P0128 fault code. If your heater was working OK, the thermostat may have been OK. It also addresses P050D and improves a flare, idle surge and acceleration.
If they update the TCM, have them perform a Quicklearn and PROXI alignment before returning the car to you.

QL:
SB-10074980-5290.pdf
PROXI:

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you for your response. I have seen several say the same thing about the updates. My heater did work but it was cold out so if it was stuck open it wouldn’t overheat and I wouldn’t really know right? Just thought I’d ask before I go to the dealer to get updates if it was something simple or I missed. Can a shop do update or does it have to be the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
It should be done at a dealer as the software is FCA-proprietary.
You can ask that the HVAC get updated too for max heat and max cool. You could ask that all modules that have a pending update, get the update. This way, they only have to plug into the car once and then be done with it. The nice thing about software updates is that nothing has to come apart and no parts are needed.
It may feel like a different car when you get it back!
HVAC:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Ok thank you. When I first heard people talk about updates I’m like what? Like a phone my car has to be undated LOL. I’m tired of trying to figure it out so I think that’s best to go to dealer and have them check it. Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on the vibration it turned out to be the mount underneath the car that we had already replaced new with an off brand. It was not oem and the rubber was too soft allowing it to vibrate excessively put oem back in it and good as new! The jerk when started was the mount allowing movement. And in reverse or a cold start with higher rpms it was way worse Guess some things you can’t go cheap on! This vibration had been driving me crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts