Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long can the 200 set in the driveway without starting it normally? i had an issue last month where if i set it set for a week or so and the battery went down to a no start issue. i did testing and i did not have any extra power drain and the battery load tested good. so I'm just wondering what would be considered a normal time frame for these cars being they seem to want to some testing when they are off. to just set it warm weather before having to think about doing a drive to keep the battery up or just charging it again. thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Bob. You may have read here before that the O.E. batteries suck so thats part of the prob. There are alot of electronics on this car and the normal drain is a bit higher than other cars. If you have a name brand heavy duty battery you should be good. I do and my car sat for a week this month and it started no prob. Some here have had some issues w the car sitting longer, but a good batttery should take care of any worries. If its gonna sit a month or more get a trickle charger or even a solor one should keep it maintained. Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have my cars on trickle chargers anyway i was just wondering. when the wire retired last dec. then the car was being driven as much. but then this covid hit and the car was driven less because of all the shutdowns. and one day we did have a rundown battery. so that prompted this question. so i think it will be prudent to get a new battery before winter gets here. thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
356 Posts
This question has come up before and is addressed in the owners manual. Depending on the car's electronic options, the battery should hold up for about 2 weeks? Give or Take.
If storing the car for more than a couple of weeks, it is recommended to disconnect the battery. The electronics require a battery back-up for memory, settings, etc.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts