Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
She scraped up and broke two of her ankles (curb rash and suspension damage)

Before (wheels were also dirty from snowstorm)
Alloy wheel Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber

Keep in mind the steering wheel is perfectly centered but as you can see the right wheel is pointed to the right.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

After
Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Tire Spoke

...I slid into a curb/median, I misjudged what appeared to be just a wet road, but it was a sheet of pure ice. I was only going about 10-15 miles per hour trying to make a left turn in an outside lane from a stoplight. It's a very tight short left turn. I saw hubcraps and tire-marks were all over the curb and median later that week and tire tracks on the grass of the median, so I wasn't the only one. Maybe I should have made a claim to the city since they hadn't sanded or De-iced.

Oh well, first inclement weather incident in 29 years of driving, no one was hurt - no one else was even involved.
There was a 35 car pile up in Golden, CO that same day. Bizarre weather even for Colorado and i have lived here since I was a kid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love the look of the wheels on my 2015 200s but wish the low-profile tires offered a bit more sidewall protection to the rims. The dealer had to have 3 of them refinished before we closed on the deal so I've been extra cautious when parking on the street or making sharp turns.

·
Super Moderator
2,201 Posts
Accidents happen to the best drivers and so long as no one was hurt, all is well.
Those wheels are the same as the wife's. She curbed a couple of hers and I foolishly had them repaired. It wasn't long before she did it again, so no more wheel repairs.
What was the suspension damage ?

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Right front control arm, right steering tie rod, right rear suspension trailing link damaged. They had to replace those parts, align the vehicle and reprogram the ABS and steering angle sensors.

I have to double check to see if they just refurbished the wheels. that's what the body shop told me they were doing right after the car was inspected, but if one of them was bent or cracked they would replace it. By looking I don't know, they both look new to me. If refurbished it's an excellent job.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes. Right front control arm, right steering tie rod, right rear suspension trailing link damaged. They had to replace those parts, align the vehicle and reprogram the ABS and steering angle sensors.

I have to double check to see if they just refurbished the wheels. that's what the body shop told me they were doing right after the car was inspected, but if one of them was bent or cracked they would replace it. By looking I don't know, they both look new to me. If refurbished it's an excellent job.
Had repairs under warranty?

I had gotten my controll arms and thermostat repaired under my warranty. 2900 bucks i didnt pay thats included with deductible.

Dealership they're new. A repair shop other than dealership most off will locate a repair shop quality from junk yards etc. Refurbished/Recycled.

Normally receipt of repairs will document repaired parts with what.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking back, snow tires would have made a difference turning and stopping.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am surprised at how long snow tires last. I usually get at least four winters out of them and the winters in Utah are long. It's interesting at how a car with studded snow tires will run circles around a 4X4 truck on icy roads. 4X4s have their place in the deep snow and off road, but it's extremely rare to see a 4X4 with studded tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.