Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 200 2.4l. I got the typical blend door actuator failure "clicking noise" and replaced the actuator with a Dorman actuator a year ago. A few weeks ago the car developed a creaking noise every time the blend door actuator would open or close the door. It sounds like the car is haunted or has gastrointestinal problems! The new actuator seems to be working, i.e. the actuator isn't clicking from a broken gear and opens and closes the blend door. I bought another new actuator and was going to put it in but was wondering if anyone knew how to lubricate the actual blend door itself, or if they had experienced and figured out what the blend door creaking was caused by? I thought maybe I could lubricate the blend door hinges while I had it apart, but they aren't readily accessible as far as I can see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 200 2.4l. I got the typical blend door actuator failure "clicking noise" and replaced the actuator with a Dorman actuator a year ago. A few weeks ago the car developed a creaking noise every time the blend door actuator would open or close the door. It sounds like the car is haunted or has gastrointestinal problems! The new actuator seems to be working, i.e. the actuator isn't clicking from a broken gear and opens and closes the blend door. I bought another new actuator and was going to put it in but was wondering if anyone knew how to lubricate the actual blend door itself, or if they had experienced and figured out what the blend door creaking was caused by? I thought maybe I could lubricate the blend door hinges while I had it apart, but they aren't readily accessible as far as I can see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I found out was, that the blend door was already in the open position. When the actuator is activated, it is trying to open the door but, cant because it is open and can only travel so far. I removed the actuator and closed the door manually, reinstalled the actuator. Now it is in the correct position and the door opens and closes, as it should. The moaning and creaking noises are gone.
I hope this helps.
Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts