Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About 4 weeks ago my blower motor started not working intermittently, sometimes it would fire up when I started the car, sometimes not. Sometimes it wouldnt be on a first, but after driving for random intevals, it would suddenly turn on. There didn't seem to be any common cause for it to turn on, like hitting bumps or something like that. Eventually it just stopped working pretty much all together. Tested the blower on an external power supply and it's working (only like 6 months old). I replaced the resistor/power modulator, the blower relay and the blower fuse.....none seem to have worked. I tried on all fan speeds, doesn't make a difference. I know some people have had issues with a loose ground wire, but I tried jiggling the wires while it was working and while it wasn't working, jiggling wires didn't change the state of the blower.. hardly scientific, but I might think things would change if it were a loose connection. I can check on that further is someone can tell me where to look.

I'm about out of ideas here. I know there are sensors in the HVAC, could one of those malfunctioning lead to behavior like this? If anyone has any idea, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, 2015 Chrysler 200

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
Intermittent electrical can be very frustrating. It works when you are trying to diagnose it & doesn't work when you need it to.
I have had ground terminals under a screw head be tight, but still be open. I only found this out by cracking the screw loose & having the item start working.

Whether it was paint or hidden corrosion, I don't know. I removed the eyelet terminal and wire-brushed it & the screw threads. I also scraped the paint off the sheetmetal panel around the screw hole. The connection has been good since.

Terminal push-outs are another thing to look for. It could also be an intermittent blower motor itself as well. Carry a test light with you.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Engineering

Ground G911A:
Automotive design World Font Automotive lighting Auto part

Did you find the problem with the radio and A/C control here?:

·
Registered
97 Posts
About 4 weeks ago my blower motor started not working intermittently, sometimes it would fire up when I started the car, sometimes not. Sometimes it wouldnt be on a first, but after driving for random intevals, it would suddenly turn on. There didn't seem to be any common cause for it to turn on, like hitting bumps or something like that. Eventually it just stopped working pretty much all together. Tested the blower on an external power supply and it's working (only like 6 months old). I replaced the resistor/power modulator, the blower relay and the blower fuse.....none seem to have worked. I tried on all fan speeds, doesn't make a difference. I know some people have had issues with a loose ground wire, but I tried jiggling the wires while it was working and while it wasn't working, jiggling wires didn't change the state of the blower.. hardly scientific, but I might think things would change if it were a loose connection. I can check on that further is someone can tell me where to look.

I'm about out of ideas here. I know there are sensors in the HVAC, could one of those malfunctioning lead to behavior like this? If anyone has any idea, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, 2015 Chrysler 200
Mine did the same thing, I replaced the fan and used my old resister (Rockauto.com ) and the problem has not came back. It isn't to bad of a job to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts