Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200. Recently both of my rear windows quit working. They are up and won’t come down. Drivers switch or rear door switches won’t make them come down. I have tried the child safety switch in both positions. Both stopped at the same time. Any ideas?

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
559 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Possibly something wrong with the master switch/lockout? One click lockout button stays down, another click lockout button pops up?
I have had door window switches get rained on if the window is left down. The contacts can corrode and it may not fail right away. Sometimes cycling the switch on/off several times will resume operation.
The switch can be lifted out of the armrest for wiring voltage checks. Always diagnose first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will give it a try. The panel just pops out without having to remove the entire door panel?

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
559 Posts
The window switch pod should disengage from the trim panel by carefully prying it up with a blunt trim tool. Unlatch and unplug the electrical connector. The switch can be checked with a multimeter and probably disassembled if necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts