Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thank you all for your response, took it to the dealership today, it was found to be slightly low on brake fluid. Problem has been corrected.
Glad to hear your concern has been resolved. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me in the future if you ever need any assistance.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am having this same issue on my 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited Convertible. Have had brakes checked and fluid level topped off. Still comes on but intermittent.
I posted some information from the owner's manual on a different thread you engaged in. There are alternative suggestions to look into on page 205 of your owner's manual. If the concern still persists, let me know.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had the dash brake warning light of my 2012 come on recently after driving around a sharp downhill hairpin turn. I'm at 45k miles and never had any brake service work done yet. I assume it's due to the pads wearing down and the brake fluid level dropping a little as caliper pistons extend. It hasn't come on again.

I looked in the service manual and the brake warning light can come on for 2 reasons, low brake fluid or the parking brake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this same issue on my 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited Convertible. Have had brakes checked and fluid level topped off. Still comes on but intermittent.
Hi!!! What was the end result? This is happening to me this morning!

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
Welcome to the forums. dhendersonm hasn't logged in in over 5 1/2 years.
This is the red BRAKE warning (#11) and not the yellow ABS (#23)?
Font Slope Rectangle Parallel Symmetry

The Parking brake lever is fully down?
The brakes stop the car and feel OK?

There is a fluid level switch that can fail intermittently. It has a float with a magnet on it. If the magnet gets close to the switch (low fluid), it will turn on the warning light.

The switch can be replaced. Mopar # 68057090AC.
Font Rectangle Parallel Cylinder Screenshot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts