Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of deliberation I installed MGP caliper covers.

I had considered painting my calipers but I think these look better. Also saved me a lot of time. The downside is the price, which seems a bit steep for what they are. But I guess that is because they are custom CNC machined rather than mass produced stampings.

I also thought long and hard about getting red, the traditional color for high-performance brakes, but I decided since these aren't high performance that the more subtle black was more appropriate, especially with the C trim and granite crystal paint. I like subtle style more than flash.

DSCN0570.JPG DSCN0566.JPG

Reactions: Fernboy61

·
Registered
169 Posts
Glad someone bit the bullet and got some! Im in the same boat though, for the price and what they are it is a little high, but ive heard nothing but good about them. I painted my brakes red and they look good but these definately are a cleaner way to do it! They look awesome, hopefully ordering myself some soon

Reactions: Pennhaven

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
They are definitely freakin expensive. But I've been wanting them anyway! I'm trying to find the ones like they have on the black 2015 200S Mopar Show car. They are simply gloss black with "Mopar" in white. So far I haven't found them.
Pennhaven, Do yours fit nice and tight with no rattle? They really look good but I think they'd even look better if you'd paint the paintable parts of your rotor black also...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my new 200 S about a week ago and have been considering those same caliper covers pretty much all week. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get them despite the price. My one question was if you noticed any less brake dust using them. Ive already cleaned my rims a few times this week and was hoping it would hold out longer with the covers.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They are definitely freakin expensive. But I've been wanting them anyway! I'm trying to find the ones like they have on the black 2015 200S Mopar Show car. They are simply gloss black with "Mopar" in white. So far I haven't found them.
Pennhaven, Do yours fit nice and tight with no rattle? They really look good but I think they'd even look better if you'd paint the paintable parts of your rotor black also...
The show car ones may have been one-off customs. MGP can engrave any graphic you want, but for even more money.

They fit nice and snug, totally quiet so far. The rears are super easy to install. The fronts take a little more fiddling than indicated in the instructions and videos, since the clips tend to rotate a bit out of position as the nuts are tightened, so I found I needed to redo while holding the clip in place with pliers as I finished torqueing the nut.

Yeah, black paint on the rotor edges would look great, thanks. Maybe when the weather is cooler I'll get more ambitious.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got my new 200 S about a week ago and have been considering those same caliper covers pretty much all week. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get them despite the price. My one question was if you noticed any less brake dust using them. Ive already cleaned my rims a few times this week and was hoping it would hold out longer with the covers.
Too soon to tell:), but I've never seen much brake dust on these wheels, so I'm not expecting to see any less with the covers on.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Interesting enough to make it a sticky

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Yeah, black paint on the rotor edges would look great, thanks. Maybe when the weather is cooler I'll get more ambitious.
Hey, I wonder if one could spray those rotors without masking or worry of getting overspray on the part where the pads rub against?

fish6412, Compared to some of my past cars, I too have experienced very little brake dust, and I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those look great! For our cars, black probably is the best option, unless we upgraded the brakes. Other than a true color-match, if someone went that route, I guess.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those look great! For our cars, black probably is the best option, unless we upgraded the brakes. Other than a true color-match, if someone went that route, I guess.
I think the red covers actually would look pretty good on the S, though not with Vivid Blue and Velvet Red, for those I'd stick with black.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Received my MGP Caliper Covers today for my 2015 200S with the 19" Hyper Black wheels. The fronts went on fine and had no clearance issue. I installed the rear drivers side and they scrap the interior of my wheel right where they curve into the lugs. I took the wheel back off to make sure I had installed them correctly and they still hit. The directions mention adding a wheel spacer. Has anybody else had to add a spacer to a 200S with the 19 inch wheels?????

·
Registered
135 Posts
Received my MGP Caliper Covers today for my 2015 200S with the 19" Hyper Black wheels. The fronts went on fine and had no clearance issue. I installed the rear drivers side and they scrap the interior of my wheel right where they curve into the lugs. I took the wheel back off to make sure I had installed them correctly and they still hit. The directions mention adding a wheel spacer. Has anybody else had to add a spacer to a 200S with the 19 inch wheels?????
Can you post some pics of it? really want to see it with the 19" Hyper Black rims

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll get some pictures of the fronts posted. Will have to wait for the rears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: Talk with a guy at MGP Caliper Covers. Seems they did the initial measurements on a 200 with the 18" rims not knowing that the 200S (and 200C I'm guessing) with the 19" inch rims have different hubs. As a result as initially designed the rear caliper covers do not have enough clearance for the inside of the rims where they curve into the hub/lug area.

MGP is having me send the rear covers back to them so they can CNC machine a different inner radius by removing material and then repaint, then they will send them back to me at no additional cost. I'm happy with this resolution as I did not want the hassle or added expense of installing spacers.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those black covers do look good, not super flashy like the red ones, but there in general to complement the "sport" version 200. I want to get them, but there so darn expensive!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually not to fond of covers, think they look ricey. Specially with the painted on bolts lol
The faux bolt heads are actually CNC machined into the surface and then painted. :) I have somewhat mixed feelings about these covers myself, but overall I decided that they look pretty good for what they are... :p

Reactions: Cschmidt

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
After a lot of deliberation I installed MGP caliper covers.

I had considered painting my calipers but I think these look better. Also saved me a lot of time. The downside is the price, which seems a bit steep for what they are. But I guess that is because they are custom CNC machined rather than mass produced stampings.

I also thought long and hard about getting red, the traditional color for high-performance brakes, but I decided since these aren't high performance that the more subtle black was more appropriate, especially with the C trim and granite crystal paint. I like subtle style more than flash.

View attachment 29234 View attachment 29242
Nice!!!!!! I like it in black. So the price on their web site, did that include all 4 wheels?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts